Lake Rawings June 18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

getting excited...can't wait to wear my new princess pink 'stroke' ballcap...

Hi,

I am planning on driving down from Fredericksburg VA. Sorry about the late notice since it is TOMMOROW. I have never been to lake Rawlings before so what or who should I look for? Getting to the lake is not the problem, maps are great but once there where will you all be? One post said about 9AM, look for me a little after that somthing like either 9:30 or 10:00, in a red Toyota Prius.

Looking to dive, dive, dive.

Mark Vlahos

Great Mark. If that's you in your profile picture (which I'm sure it is) we'll keep an eye out for you. A few are camping there tonight. I rode up and did a dive with Paula (Mrs Prages) this afternoon and found out that the gates open at 8 instead of 9 so I'm going to probably get there around then. Come on when you can and we'll be looking for you. We'll probably be the only large group that isn't a class.

Jason

Jason B:
Great Mark. If that's you in your profile picture (which I'm sure it is) we'll keep an eye out for you. A few are camping there tonight. I rode up and did a dive with Paula (Mrs Prages) this afternoon and found out that the gates open at 8 instead of 9 so I'm going to probably get there around then. Come on when you can and we'll be looking for you. We'll probably be the only large group that isn't a class.

Jason

Great! See ya in the morning.

Mark Vlahos

I had a great time! It was so nice to meet so many of you.

Mark Vlahos

Glad to see so many of you show up yesterday. Great turn out. Look forward to doing it again sometime!

Jason

thanks again to doc & mike for letting me hang out and do nothing the whole first dive while they did ooa drills. and doc, who was the nice guy in yellow stuff who hung out with us (me) for a while? my stats were 36ft for 47 min, so my longest by 2 whole minutes. i tried hard to work on buoyancy, trim, etc, and truly 'do nothing'. i had on 16lb and felt a bit light, so next dive i put a 2.5 on my valve and felt a bit heavy, though i felt my trim was better. i dunno, maybe either is fine, but i had nothing in my bc at depth the first one and sank like a rock the second. but i equalized much better head up, sinking vertically, so maybe that's the way to go. the si was great, good food, though i don't think i met everyone & i'm sorry for that. my guests said they had fun. if i hadn't had them, i'd have stayed longer, but i'm just glad they were willing to come along, so it all works out. thanks to everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom