Lake/Pond diving in MA ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ledges in Newfound Lake was ok as they go. (I have a hard time getting excited about lake diving.) We were on a boat so easier access. Sitting in the truck that was down there at the time was amusing for a couple minutes. I'm under the impression they haul vehicles out of there periodically, but there's a steady enough supply of vehicles going off the road at that spot there's often something down there.

Also did a dive off someones dock further north in Newfound, looking at the map I'm thinking it was off Indian Point. It was shallow sand as far as you could see - which on the bright side was was pretty far.

Curious... when you say Brooks, are you referring to Brooks Pond in Medford? I live about 1/4 mile from it and I must say I would never have even thought about it. Something about the place just creeps me out. The vis has to be near zero under the best circumstances.

Negative. Brooks Pond in Spencer, North Brookfield. It's not very deep but it's large and if you stay close to the shore line you find all sorts of stuff. Careful though of sunken trees and fishing line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom