Lake Pleasant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schu1842

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning to be at a meeting at Carefree Resort on April 4 and am thinking about coming in a day early to dive Lake Pleasant. I saw that a dive boat operates on the Lake. Does anyone know if it runs in April and what the water temps will be?

Water temps last saturday were 53*F at the surface and 49* at a depth of 47 feet. It can get colder in deeper areas due to thermoclines. I took my open water the last week of March last year and the surface temperature was 58* and I hit a spot that was 53* at 42 feet. As for the boat I have no idea. There are many areas to dive from the shore that get deep fast.

I'm planning to be at a meeting at Carefree Resort on April 4 and am thinking about coming in a day early to dive Lake Pleasant. I saw that a dive boat operates on the Lake. Does anyone know if it runs in April and what the water temps will be?

Let me know when you get here. I've never done the boat dives but the shore diving is doable. If you do opt to shore dive, I recommend the area near Vista Point. Vis is the best of the three areas that I have dove at. I also hear that April is a good time to dive there because the vis improves due to the inflow from the snow melt. PM me and I think that I can send you a satallite image of the area.

Steve.

The dive boat, Diver Down II, does operate in April, it operates only on the weekends though and is charted by the local shops (no open boats). I know my shop, Oasis Divers (Phoenix, Tempe, Mexico Scuba Diving), doesn't have it booked that weekend and the boat's website (Arizona Dive Boats - Scuba diving in the Phoenix area.) isn't updated for 2008. You may try to contact the boat but they aren't very responsive to be honest; or try calling the other shops on the calendar to see who has it chartered that day (if it's a weekend).

-Garrett

Wow - I thought the water would be a little warmer out in the desert. It looks like I'll have to layer under my 7 mil and hooded vest. Thanks.

Lake Pleasant, even though it is in the Desert is a high Desert lake close to 2000 foot above sea level, and tends to keep cold in the winter months.

It's still warmer than Parker, which sits at about 5000'!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom