Lake Pleasant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Kris and Ed3,

Bill and I are meeting at the west entrance at 7:00am Sunday morning. I want to try to find ol' George too. A couple of weeks ago you could almost scuba from BP to DT road they were so close. Hope to see you guys there.

Steve.

Sounds fun.... Over in San Diego I hit the 49 degree temp diving the Yukon in a 6.5 mil semi-dry wet suit!!! It was cold but I sure had a lot of fun.... I also got to dive the kelp beds there and the temps were in the low 50's.... I also have hit the mid 40's at lake pleasant in the deep water during the winter months!!! Dives were not as long as the warm water dives but still a lot of fun!!! BURRRRRR!!!!!:D

That was some good footage. Get's me excited because I am diving San Diego in two weeks from tomorrow. Won't be doing a wreck dive though, just diving from the shore at Lajolla Cove. I was wondering with your San Diego experience do I need a 7 mm suit diving from the shore there in two weeks or is my 3.5 mil enough? I figure temps will be around the mid 50's to upper 50's at the surface.

I dove La Jolla shores last week, and it was definitely cold. Ill be back in SoCal Oct 9-13th and am planning on going back for some shore dives.

When will you be there Josh?

50's in the Pacific Ocean? One word: DRYSUIT.

And since everyone is bragging about their uber polar bear status, my coldest dive this year was 38 degrees (July in Oregon). It's the first time my dry gloves have not kept my hands toasty.

Hey Kris and Ed3,

Bill and I are meeting at the west entrance at 7:00am Sunday morning. I want to try to find ol' George too. A couple of weeks ago you could almost scuba from BP to DT road they were so close. Hope to see you guys there.

Steve.

Actually in January Dan and I did just that- it was a pretty neat little dive to cross over and back.

I dove La Jolla shores last week, and it was definitely cold. Ill be back in SoCal Oct 9-13th and am planning on going back for some shore dives.

There is a good chance we'll be there as well! Can't decide if we want la jolla or laguna beach...

Hey Kris and Ed3,

Steve.
Steve:

Understand that we are meeting tomorrow morning (Saturday) as opposed to Sunday. Please confirm.

Thanks Bill

Hey Kris and Ed3,

A couple of weeks ago you could almost scuba from BP to DT road they were so close. Hope to see you guys there.

Steve.

I did the DT>>BP>>DT run last weekend during the splash for trash. About 30 minutes each way. Zero vis in the channel at 42' but a fun dive nevertheless.

Bob

Sounds like I need to get a thicker suit then for the dive in San Diego in two weeks. I figured I was kind of tough last year in October when I just snorkeled there. Water temp was about 58 degrees but I was only on the surface snorkeling.
Well shoot, I guess I need to get tougher skin or a thicker suit.

Last edited:
Sounds fun.... Over in San Diego I hit the 49 degree temp diving the Yukon in a 6.5 mil semi-dry wet suit!!! It was cold but I sure had a lot of fun.... I also got to dive the kelp beds there and the temps were in the low 50's.... I also have hit the mid 40's at lake pleasant in the deep water during the winter months!!! Dives were not as long as the warm water dives but still a lot of fun!!! BURRRRRR!!!!!:D

That was some good footage. Get's me excited because I am diving San Diego in two weeks from tomorrow. Won't be doing a wreck dive though, just diving from the shore at Lajolla Cove. I was wondering with your San Diego experience do I need a 7 mm suit diving from the shore there in two weeks or is my 3.5 mil enough? I figure temps will be around the mid 50's to upper 50's at the surface.

I wouldn't go down with a 3.5....a 7 mil would be the very minimum... with full hood, gloves and boots.... especially if you want to have any down time....if you are planning some short dives....if you are brave and really thick skinned then by all means do a 3.5....I personally like to be a bit more comfortable in those cold waters!!!!
I use a semi Dry...and that even gets a bit cold!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom