Lake Pleasant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About the coldest you'll find me in is 67 degrees...which happens to be about the coldest the north Florida caves get... :wink:

I logged a dive in 49*F last winter diving in a 7-6-5 wetsuit.
That is some cold water and the dive was proportionally short.
I can say I did it and will probably attempt it again in the future just to stay in practice during the winter.

Hey everyone, well my Dr. has cleared me to dive again and the wife said I can dive on both saturday and sunday this weekend but I need at least one buddy more is always welcome... I live in Tempe and was thinking about getting an early morning dive in at the river around 7am'ish on saturday then I wanting to get out to pleasant on sunday around the same time, also if anyone is interested since the weather is getting bareable I was also thinking of maybe camping out at pleasant on saturday night to get in a night dive and wake up early and dive the morning.. so if anyone is up for any of this let me know...

I logged a dive in 49*F last winter diving in a 7-6-5 wetsuit.
That is some cold water and the dive was proportionally short.
I can say I did it and will probably attempt it again in the future just to stay in practice during the winter.

Sounds fun.... Over in San Diego I hit the 49 degree temp diving the Yukon in a 6.5 mil semi-dry wet suit!!! It was cold but I sure had a lot of fun.... I also got to dive the kelp beds there and the temps were in the low 50's.... I also have hit the mid 40's at lake pleasant in the deep water during the winter months!!! Dives were not as long as the warm water dives but still a lot of fun!!! BURRRRRR!!!!!:D

Here is the Yukon during that dive!!!

Always love to see that video. I like the skull-like shape inside the hatch (shows up at the 15 second and 9 second marks). I've hit 45 degrees at about 70' last winter at Lake Pleasant. That's the coldest dive in my log book. We actually did 2 dives that day.

Steve.

A couple of years ago in January I clocked a frisky 43F at mohave lake, yep, I won't be doing that again anytime soon.
Andres

Always love to see that video. I like the skull-like shape inside the hatch (shows up at the 15 second and 9 second marks). I've hit 45 degrees at about 70' last winter at Lake Pleasant. That's the coldest dive in my log book. We actually did 2 dives that day.

Steve.

Yep, that skull like alien is cool to see there....Not sure what that was...but I think it is part of the X-Files!!! :eyebrow:

We'll be at the lake this weekend around 8ish, probably at the Beismeyer Pt. area with a few students. I'm hoping to sneak away and head down the road to find the elusive George Washington bust!

Hey I'll be there in the AM Sat. at Bis Pt too.
George should be in easy reach.
See ya there.
Maybe we should put a Gnome or something down there.
Hey Ron, remember the Gnome you where moving around at
Scorpin? I've had my eye out for something at a yard sale
to take down.

Last edited:
Sounds fun.... Over in San Diego I hit the 49 degree temp diving the Yukon in a 6.5 mil semi-dry wet suit!!! It was cold but I sure had a lot of fun.... I also got to dive the kelp beds there and the temps were in the low 50's.... I also have hit the mid 40's at lake pleasant in the deep water during the winter months!!! Dives were not as long as the warm water dives but still a lot of fun!!! BURRRRRR!!!!!:D

That was some good footage. Get's me excited because I am diving San Diego in two weeks from tomorrow. Won't be doing a wreck dive though, just diving from the shore at Lajolla Cove. I was wondering with your San Diego experience do I need a 7 mm suit diving from the shore there in two weeks or is my 3.5 mil enough? I figure temps will be around the mid 50's to upper 50's at the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom