Lake Pleasant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some shops like Desert Tortoise, while others use Vista Point.... I also no a couple shops that use the 10 Ln boat ramp area.... all are good for OW checkout dives....

Desert Tortoise Road is usually the easiest access. In many cases you are entering by walking down the yellow line on the road. A lot of dive shops train here for that very reason, so it can be crowded during the weekend.

Vista Point has an old road/boat ramp, but without four wheel drive, it is very difficult to get to the water's edge this time of year. A great dive site.

Spillway is much like desert tortoise, although you do need to go down a dirt road. It's not too bad, most two wheel drives can make it. Another great site, be careful of jet-skis during the weekend.

The County side has a $5 entry fee.
The Marina side has a $6 entry fee.

Cash only. They appreciate exact change.

Keep in mind that the map mainly shows dive sites easily accesible by car from the most popular entrances. There are several good areas up the lake that make good dives if you have access to a boat. To my knowledge there are at least two different dive boat charters available at Pleasant so there are other options. Also, if you are the explorer type and have a 4 wheel drive vehicle there are several dirt roads that will pretty much get you anywhere up on the north side of the lake. You just don't want to be in a hurry.

Also, pretty much all the popular sites shown are accessible from the county parks side of the lake (west side). The only exception being Vista Point which you must enter on the Maricopa Water District side (east). Although the MWD side charges a buck more in entry fees you probably save close to 20 miles of travel (round trip). For me I actualy save about 5 bucks in diesel.

MG

P.S.
Hey Ron. How is it going? Enjoyed the dive the other night and looked forward to getting together again soon. I think Hunter decided he likes night diving in Pleasant better than during the day. So much more to see with the increase in aquatic life.

Hey Ron. How is it going? Enjoyed the dive the other night and looked forward to getting together again soon. I think Hunter decided he likes night diving in Pleasant better than during the day. So much more to see with the increase in aquatic life.

Doing great....it was for sure a great time....We will be looking at another night dive soon...I am trying to see what day I can make that work...this coming week is really full but hopefully I can make it work the following week....

Tell Hunter I would have to agree with him....I do like diving so I will do the day also...but the night dives are a blast at Pleasant.....

PS....Thanks Michael for the map....as you can see we are getting some use out of it!!!! :D

Hey there George I just picked up 2 tanks for the lake tomorrow and need a dive buddy, but I'm going to have to make it some early dives due to previous family plans I'm thinking first entry 6:30 or 7ish... So if your interested either respond to the post or feel free to email me at hstuscav@cox.net, if anyone else is interested please just reply or email as well the more the marrier...

Hey Steves,

I bet we saw each other today and didn't even know it. Did you see me and my girlfriend heading into Desert Tortoise? You may have asked us if a jeep was our car and that you were going to back up. Sorry I didn't get your message sooner. Hope we can meet up in the future.
We did Desert Tortoise. We planned on a two tank dive, but one of my rentals ended up being empty so it became a one tank dive. We wore skins so we stayed shallow. The thermal-kline was around 15-30 ft depending where you were. We stayed just above it. Vis was about 10ft. We saw some carp (I'm guessing) and a lot of little fish. The highlight of the dive was finding a piece of petrified wood. Dive lasted over an hour so we were happy to get under the water for a while. Thanks to everybody who pointed me in the right direction.

Mike

Hey Steves,

I bet we saw each other today and didn't even know it. Did you see me and my girlfriend heading into Desert Tortoise? You may have asked us if a jeep was our car and that you were going to back up. Sorry I didn't get your message sooner. Hope we can meet up in the future.
We did Desert Tortoise. We planned on a two tank dive, but one of my rentals ended up being empty so it became a one tank dive. We wore skins so we stayed shallow. The thermal-kline was around 15-30 ft depending where you were. We stayed just above it. Vis was about 10ft. We saw some carp (I'm guessing) and a lot of little fish. The highlight of the dive was finding a piece of petrified wood. Dive lasted over an hour so we were happy to get under the water for a while. Thanks to everybody who pointed me in the right direction.

Mike

Hey Mike,

You are right. That was me. I wondered later on if that was you I was talking to. Funny deal. We ended up only doing one dive. My dive computer doesn't even register a dive until it is deeper than 6 feet. We were under water for almost an hour but the thing only registered 23 minutes below 6 feet. At that our max depth was only 11 feet.

I am meeting Bill (PhxSki) next Sunday morning for some early morning dives. We usually do 2 or 3 dives. We'll post something here.

Glad to have (sort of) met you.

Steve.

I'm heading to the lake after work Thursday (8/7) for a 2-3 tank dive

Anyone else going to be at DT?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom