Lake Pleasant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick question and sorry if this has been answered. What thickness wetsuit/if any do you need for Lake Pleasant?

Thanks,
Mike
This time of year a 3mm or a shortie in the spring you'll need a 7mm and still won't stay warm very long.
Last saturday the surface temperture of the lake was 83F but there are thermoclines that start at 25-30'

Thanks to Josh, Mike, Hunter and Ron for two great dives on Thursday night. Hope to do it again, soon.

Regards to all, Bill

We had a great time last night....Josh, Bill, Mike, Hunter, Justin, Christie and I all got one tank in before it got dark and still got one very nice night dive in....We saw lots of fish and crawdads!!!

The water was great...vis wasn't bad....and the thermocline dropped a few feet to around 34'....

Thank you everyone for a great time...and we will be doing this again soon!!!!

Steve,

What time are you and your kids diving at? I was planning on staying shallow as well. Its been a while since I dove.

Mike

Hey Mike.
We'll probably be there around 9:00am in the morning. Do you know where DT is or should we wait for you at the gate? I'll be driving a gray Dodge Caravan.

Quick question and sorry if this has been answered. What thickness wetsuit/if any do you need for Lake Pleasant?

Thanks,
Mike

It depends on how deep you're going. I'm going to stay WAY shallow with my boys so we're just wearing trunks and t-shirts. Last weekend we snorkeled around DT for a couple of hours and the water temp at the surface was like bath water.

It's been a month since I've been diving so this might be a little outdated but 3mm should be fine down to 30 or 40 feet. Below that you might want 5mm or 7mm as there is a thermocline at around 40 feet that drops the temp down to 60-something.

Hey Mike.
We'll probably be there around 9:00am in the morning. Do you know where DT is or should we wait for you at the gate? I'll be driving a gray Dodge Caravan.

Mike (faq88),
We're running a little late and this is the only way I have to let you know. We'll be there around 10:00. Kids are still snoozing.:shakehead:

Steve.

Some help if you could please.....

Being new to this board and diving, I have been reading post after post here within the SWSS forums to learn, get opinions, etc. As I am going to be cert'ing next weekend, I was paticularly interested in seeing a post that included an "UNofficial" Google Map of Lake Pleasant where the author marked popular dive spots, etc. For the life of me, I a CAN NOT find this posting/map anywhere. Does anyone know where this thread/posting is ? I would really like to check that out again.

Additionally, does anyone know the 'typical' place is that local shops take students on Pleasant for their openwater "walk in" dive ? Sorry for what might a stupid question, I have literally only been to lake 1-2 times before (non diving).

Thanks for the help !!

Hi....welcome....Almost all the Local shops use Pleasant for there open water check out dives....they also will do check out dives on dive trips to San Carlos, San Diego, etc....

Here is a map that might help.........There are a couple sites not shown... 10 Ln boat Ramp and the Old Dam Site...the 10 Ln boat ramp is just east of the spillway where the two blue dots the one right on top of the other...and the old dam is just north of the new dam.....You need to go on a boat to dive the old dam...but it is a great dive....

Lake20Pleasant20South20Dive20Sites.jpg

Thanks Ron, this IS the map I was referring to !

Is there any one paticular spot on the map where the local shops go to give their students first "walk in" dive for open cert ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom