Lake Pleasant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mid May, 92', near Beismeyer Point. It was dark and vis was terrible. Either I was narced or I was swimming through an area with a lot of mineral deposites because I couldn't hold a compass heading to save my life.

Out of curiosity, what's the deepest shore dive you've done at pleasant and where did you find that depth? And time of year?

Thanks

Craig

For me, it was at Vista Point, off the Wall. I got to 100 feet and some of my buddies got a few feet further. Vis was terrible, but it was still fun...this was last Friday (8/22). I've heard diving the damn can get pretty deep too.

Out of curiosity, what's the deepest shore dive you've done at pleasant and where did you find that depth? And time of year?

Thanks

Craig

I've done 180' by the Dam (not the old dam), diving next to the main (south) marina boat ramp. (Winter)

I've done 150' diving in the marina (Spring)

I've done 140' at Vista Point (Winter and Summer)

The best I have gotten on the west side is 70' over by Desert Tortoise Road. (Spring)

jcf

I've done 180' by the Dam (not the old dam), diving next to the main (south) marina boat ramp. (Winter)

jcf

Was this a shore dive? If so, where did you park?

thanks

Craig

Found 103...at Vista point Last Friday,
Found 101...at the 10 Lane Boat Ramp between the ramp and the gated road way Apr and May,
Found 114...By the Sherifs Boat dock December and Jan....

Was this a shore dive? If so, where did you park?

thanks

Craig

Yes, it is a shore dive.

Please keep in mind that this was during the winter, thus ramp traffic is SIGNIFICANTLY less. It's almost impossible to do this in the summer. And, summer weekends are out!

You drive about half way down the ramp.
Drop off your equipment on the left hand side.
Drive back up the ramp and park in the parking lot by the sailboat repair shop.
Walk down the ramp to your equipment.
Hump your equipment down the hill (in the winter it is about 20 to 30 feet below the ramp).
Dive in!
At about 30' (Winter/Spring), there is a channel. Follow the channel to Southwest. You will then come to the riverbed, turn south.

As you get close to the dam, it will get darker.
You want a powerful light. A lot of debris at the surface almost makes this an overhead environment.

Since the flow runs toward the dam, debris collects in the area.
Silt is pretty thick on the bottom, although the water is fairly clear (usually).

This is typically an expert level dive for qualified tech divers. Do not try this dive without the proper training and equipment. Be cognizant that this is a working dam!

BE EXTRA CAREFUL WITH SURFACING> HEAVY BOAT TRAFFIC AREA> IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO THE MARINA ENTRANCE AND EXIT.

ps - boat fishing is very popular in this area. The debris almost acts as an artificial reef.

Found 103...at Vista point Last Friday,
Found 101...at the 10 Lane Boat Ramp between the ramp and the gated road way Apr and May,
Found 114...By the Sherifs Boat dock December and Jan....

How was the vis and water temp at depth last friday at Vista Point?

Craig

How was the vis and water temp at depth last friday at Vista Point?

Craig

At 100ft....Vis was 8-10ft....temp was 60deg.....according to my computer, and 57 according to my dive watch!!! It was cold in a 3mil for sure....

Anybody diving at the lake this Saturday? I didn't get my compressed air fix last weekend and a 14 day surface interval is a terrible thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom