Lake Pleasant Conditions II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey everyone. Im looking for anyone that wants to join me on Sunday 3-30 for a dive. Or anyone that would like a extra person. Hopefully JD can go with me, but anyone is invited. Dont really know where at Pleasant but up for suggestions.

I am waiting to hear from Steve about the exact time but there are a few of us heading out to Pleasant on Sunday. We usually meet outside the pay station on the west side. Don't dive the MWD side this weekend where Vista Point is. The Bill Luke big bass days weekend is going on and there are going to be a lot of people out there-especially on the east side of the lake where all the tournament happenings are going on.

Michael

We'll be over there as well- we'll be doing some AOW dives for some students, but non-teaching dives as well. Feel free to stop by and say howdy, we'll be at the end of Desert Tortoise road.

Had two good dives Sun. at two cow cove with Rudebob and AZdiver23. Vis was so-so water temps were in the upper 50's. We checked out Desert Tort. but that place was a zoo. So we went over the ridge to Two Cow instead, the cove is ok, we found the road and followed it north hit about 60 feet or so (65 max Nitek), found so walls not much else. Second dive we swam out towards Deseert Tort. followed the road, saw a big Catfish and the viz got real bad fast as we went around the bend. All and all a good morning of diving. Josh brought up an idea of doing a night dive. Maybe when it gets a little warmer out a bunch of us can get together and do one or two.

Well, after driving around a bit, we settle on Desert Tortoise Road (it was still pretty busy, but it worked). Got three dives in, found some depth pretty easily- hit around 70 feet and it kept going, but we didn't. It was getting dark fast down there. The vis was spotty- patches of less than five feet and areas where it cleared up really well- just under 20'.

Did a night dive down DT road- we just followed the lane lines out for a while- saw a good amount and variety of fish on the night dive. Vis wasn't too good, but seeing the fish made it worthwhile. Temp at depth was 57-54 degrees depending on the dive. All and all not too bad- despite the crazy amount of people! Makes me long for Scorpion bay...

I need to go diving this weekend. Anybody going? Saturday? Sunday? Anyplace on the west side is fine.

Steve.

50/50 chance we'll be up there early on Saturday- we'll definitely be there the next Sunday though. And the week after for Rescue Class/Scuba show

I'm hoping to get out there this weekend myself (my wife needs to complete her open water skills checkout still.) So, now, if that wetsuit will just show up (and be the correct one.)

Let me know if you're going to make it. I need to rent some tanks on Friday for Saturday morning diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom