Lake Pleasant Conditions II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know about the vis.... but it wasn't very good where we were at. Same thing happend on 3/9. I had heard the vis was getting better and better and it wasn't much more than 6-8ft if I remember correctly. i'll blame it on my students as surely I can't be bad luck!

Two good dives today with Greg and Curt at Biessemeyer Point. Visibility was 20-30 feet, temperature was 54 Suunto degrees at 76 feet. The best conditions I've seen at Pleasant since about April of last year. And the best part is, NO HANGING CRUD AT 40 FEET!!! The Vyper reported 55 degrees at the start of the dive. It was nice and bright down to the 50 foot range, and just a bit dusky at 76-80 foot range. No need for lights. I was the team Hoover--blew through an AL80 in 20 minutes on the first dive, although I think my drysuit must have been venting. I tightened down the dump valve, and I had a more respectable bottom time on the next dive.

I am hoping to do a couple of dives at Pleasant on Sunday but am in need of buddy. Anybody going out?

Thanks,

I am hoping to do a couple of dives at Pleasant on Sunday but am in need of buddy. Anybody going out?

Thanks,

Hey Mike,

Josh and DJ (Tugg30 on Divematrix) and I are getting together on Sunday. Not sure of the time. Probably around 9:00. I'll keep you posted.

I'm also diving on saturday if you can make it.

Gotta make up for missing last weekend. :D

Steve.

We'll be up there Sunday as well- all day and we're doing a night dive as well. Hopefully conditions are back to this 20' range I've heard so much about!

Hey Mike,

Josh and DJ (Tugg30 on Divematrix) and I are getting together on Sunday. Not sure of the time. Probably around 9:00. I'll keep you posted.

I'm also diving on saturday if you can make it.

Gotta make up for missing last weekend. :D

Steve.

We'll be up there Sunday as well- all day and we're doing a night dive as well. Hopefully conditions are back to this 20' range I've heard so much about!

Sounds great. Maybe I can finally meet you Kris. Steve, Sunday works a little better for me since I don't have to be back at any specific time. Where are you thinking? I liked two cows ...besides I need more lunch money:D (I found a tube sock with 10 silver dollars in it at 25' while diving with Steve). Keep me posted.

Michael

I liked two cows ...besides I need more lunch money:D (I found a tube sock with 10 silver dollars in it at 25' while diving with Steve). Keep me posted.

Michael

That sounds like a makeshift weapon. Find any bodies nearby?

That sounds like a makeshift weapon. Find any bodies nearby?

Sorry, no body-yet. It was wierd. 10 Bicentenial silver dollars in a new white tube sock tied at the other end with yellow ribbon. It was not down very long as the sock was still very white, void of silt and algae. When I picked it up it felt like coins so I put it in my pocket hoping for Kruggerands. On dry land I realized I wasn't going to be quitting my day job and making a living off searching for spanish galleons in Lake Pleasant, but it paid my airfills.

However, with the price of aluminum right now (up to .80 cents a pound) there is a treasure of beers cans down there :D.

'bob

So is everyone going to Desert Tort. Josh if you out there this is JD, I lost your card after we went diving last time. I am still looking at Sunday morning, if anyone is going to be out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom