Lake Pleasant Conditions II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went out on the Scubateers dive boat yesterday (Sat). Very nice folks and a good dive was had by all! :) We dove on a reef that started at about 20 feet and dropped off either side to 70 they said, but I only went down to 50. Thermocline was at 40.

Lots of little brown fish and little brown rocks. :) Vis was pretty good for a lake. About 30 feet.

c.

Scorpion Bay was a bust today. They still don't have electricity and they are still building boat slips. The staging area for the construction is the very same area the manager said in his email that we could use for diving. The contractor says no. The manager hadn't mentioned to them that we were coming so it was pretty much a cluster you-know-what. They're no whaere near opening up.

Steve.
I agree with Steve in that the Scorpion Bay Marina area will be off limits for an extended period of time. They may say they are open for business however, the only thing open out there is the gate affording access to the parking lot. As Steve indiactes, the dry storage area is actually a staging area for construction. As such, it would only stand to reason that all anticipated projects will require completion prior to opening the area to divers or anyone else. Quite disappointing but not unexpected.

Oh, by the way, welcome aboard Cindy.

Cindy...what was the temp??? I am going out Saturday with some divers and wondering what the temps are now!!

Thx for the welcome, PhxSki, Nice Avatar! :)

Scubaholic Ed asked in a private email, but I thought I'd reply here as others might be interested:
"The scubateers is new. How much did they charg? Did you bring your own tanks or did they provid?"

All their info is on their website:
The Scubateers

Prices are 59 with tanks/weights and 50 without for two tank dive. Prices are listed on a dropdown on their services page and on a Word Doc at:
http://www.thescubateers.com/Boat_Dive_Fee.doc

I'm not sure what they charge for a night dive. I was thinking about doing that at some point.

The boat was nice. I haven't been on the Diver Down, so I can't compare, but the Scubateers says on their website they take 4-6 divers and we had 6 divers, two crew and three observers, which pretty much filled the boat. :) There's room for six to sit comfortably on the bench in the back and more in the cabin. I sat out back with three other divers and two observers while the two other divers (who I believe were an instructor and divemaster associated with the boat) sat inside.

The crew stored all gear away as people boarded and then helped each diver prepare and enter at the dive site after giving an orientation to the site and pointing out where to reboard the boat and checking on everyone's comfort level.

My buddy was a fairly new diver and once in the water, realized she didn't have enough weight in her integrated BC to get down. They had some on board and loaded her up with care and patience, seeming concerned for her dive. :) She did get enough and we had a nice dive.

They assisted everyone in getting back on board and were just overall friendly, fun, nice and helpful. :) I'd definately recommend them to anyone. Can't think of anything bad. :)

Take care, c.

Hi Ron,

I didn't have a temp gauge with me but I think others said it was in the mid60s. I wore a 7mm but no hood or gloves and I was fine. My buddy wore the same and was a bit cold, esp below the thermocline. We're both females, so you should be fine with 7mm alone. Haha, we had two peeps diving with us in 3mm shorties! The female diver was very cold, but the male seemed surprisingly cheerful. :) The guy diving dry was fine. :) We had a boatload of test conditions. :)

Take care, c.

Thanks so much....that helps....I will wear my semi dry!!! Have a good week Cindy!!!

Thanks so much....that helps....I will wear my semi dry!!! Have a good week Cindy!!!

Hey Reefman,

Where are you planning to dive at this Saturday? Bill and I are planning to go on Saturday too. Vis at DT was pretty bad with all the boat traffic and jet skis. Last Sunday we used 7mm with hood and were pretty comfortable. Water temp was 61º to 63º and we dove to 60' but didn't find a thermocline. That makes sense since the water was so stired up. We did run across a hoola hoop left over from a Peak Buoyancy class. Actually, I think that Josh and I found it back in March and I had forgotten about it until now.

Anyway, keep in touch and maybe we'll get together on Saturday.

Steve.

Ron is back? :confused: Thought maybe he moved! :wink:

We are going to try and hit the lake Saturday afternoon for some diving and maybe stick around for a night dive (or two).

Steve, I'll shoot you Dan's email address as he is getting his gear this week and looking to dive, dive, dive! He mentioned going up to the lake all weekend. And I know Ryan, our DMT, is planing on heading up as well to work on his mapping project.

Will be meeting Steve at the west entrance to the lake at 8:00 am on Saturday. Anyone interested in joining us is more than welcome.

Regards, Bill

I am driving in from Estes Park, CO next week. Should arrive Scottsdale Tuesday night the 13th May. Is there any weekday diving at the lake? I have all my gear except tanks and weights. Any LDS near by to rent these? Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom