Lake of the Ozarks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My family does a reunion every September at the Lake of the Ozarks. I am brand new to diving and haven't checked anything locally but what is the diving like there? Recommendations for shops/operators etc.
Thanks

As I've been told, the word toxic comes to mind. You're better off driving over to Table Rock lake for diving. I use the Table Rock Marina for my air fills.

AggieDad:
My family does a reunion every September at the Lake of the Ozarks. I am brand new to diving and haven't checked anything locally but what is the diving like there? Recommendations for shops/operators etc.
Thanks

Quarrior is right - lots of sewage and the boat traffic is terrible. I can't think of any reason to dive Lake of the Ozarks.

Becky

nauifins73:
Quarrior is right - lots of sewage and the boat traffic is terrible. I can't think of any reason to dive Lake of the Ozarks.

Becky

Thanks Quarrior and naufins73,
I guess I will just play golf and eat.

Dan

Hi.

I read something online about a town that was flooded when the damming of the "whatever" river created the Lake of the Ozarks. It was described as a pretty cool dive at about 100'. Has anyone dived (dove/diven/diveded??) this site?

Where is it?

Is it worth it?

DocHueb

Doc, you are correct that there is a submerged town, its just upriver from Tan-Tar-A. As pointed out, the problem is the amount of sewage that is washed down into the lake plus the vis is terrible, so you wouldn't be able to see much even if you knew where to look.

Back
Top Bottom