Lake Murray Oklahoma 05.20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does someone have that link to a web site on Lake Murray showing the deeper areas of the lake (110ft-140ft- I think?) It looked like it was a cove…
Also anyone have any underwater maps of the sites?

I will be in the area Saturday the 20th for anyone who might want to meet.

Plans- dive till it hurts and hang till it stops. (Thanks Dave- great saying.)
First visit to the honored Oklahoma lake- bet it is going to be freaking cold.
Later, Andrew

PS- the 'Vodoo gods' and technical divers are welcome.

Want to hit the water this weekend, not sure where yet, I'd be up for exploration diving, I only dove murray once, the entry/exit was not doubles friendly and the cove we dove was 35 feet deep max, vis was pretty poor (this was last year).

I have had good luck this past winter at Murray a number of times in various locales. The deepest I dove was 80ffw this past few times,,,,at that point I know the bottom contour was still at a negitive slope. Have had fair to very good vis. Some wildlife and the usual lake bottom attractions folks seem to leave behind. Andrew I have not seen a contour map of the lake nor do I know of the 140ffw spot you refer to--??? I know of an area good for repeling down to access the lake and a nice little lobster trap of a structure--right Frank!!! So are you planning a specfic dive profile or just going up to see what looks best......I to would to be interested in seeing a quality map. :)

Hey Rick,
This is not a rock climbing party.
I am hoping for a beach entry, a wall drop off with and swim towards the other side of a cove and return flight (in a perfect world.)
Gas management plans are for single steels, 32% EANx and maybe an stage Al 40.

Alan,
I have no map at the present.
Someone showed a webpage that had a cove picture and hence I am looking for that web site.
I will probably have to run out to Cabela’s sporting goods store and buy a map to add to the collection.

Andrew

I've dove the "wall" with David, max depth I hit was 60' or so... don't think you'll need that 40 :)

I think Rick, James and I are probably going to hit the wall at WP. Of course over Memorial day, James and I are off to Marianna. We've got a boat from Edd and we're going to do Twin and Hole.. JB is out for us until we get us some scooters - too much work.

I bet with all the recent rains that you could enter near the control tower between the spillway and Marietta Landing. We had to rope up to get down one time but I bet the water level is up enough that it would be easier now.

Murray is a dark lake below 40 feet.... Freaky dark. It's deep there at the control tower. Thats here they keep the Crab Trap ... at least 90 feet and it keeps going down from there.

Cold.... No way... the springs there keep it tropical all year long :D

( probably lower 60's on top and low to mid 50's deeper

There is a lake map at www.lakediver.com if you go to the Dive America link and click the state of Oklahoma and then the Lake Murray Link. It is not the greatest map, but it is the only one I know of. Hope it helps.

LakeScubaDiver:
There is a lake map at www.lakediver.com if you go to the Dive America link and click the state of Oklahoma and then the Lake Murray Link. It is not the greatest map, but it is the only one I know of. Hope it helps.

I like the lakediver.com site. It feels like home :D
Hey... where do you dive most in in Oklahoma?

Timeliner:
I like the lakediver.com site. It feels like home :D
Hey... where do you dive most in in Oklahoma?
Thanks for the compliments on the site! We truely strive to be a site that we (as avid divers) want to go to. We are extremely excited about having one location where divers from all over the country can research and plan a dive in their area. That is why we started the site, also we love scuba shirts so the rest kinda developed from there. Anyway, to answer your question, we probably dive at Tenkiller most in Oklahoma. It is pretty close and you can't beat the cliffs and overhangs at Crappie Point. The clarity is usually very good as well. We have been to Elmer Thomas, Murray, and Broken Bow as well. We have yet to dive Skiatook Lake, but are looking to research that lake for the site sometime this summer. Anyway, thanks for checking out the site, and stay tuned...there are some changes in store in the very near future.

I have a little trip planned out to Murray in July and was wondering about the best entry points on the south-western side of the lake?

Back
Top Bottom