Lake Murray Oklahoma 05.20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-mitch-:
I have a little trip planned out to Murray in July and was wondering about the best entry points on the south-western side of the lake?

You can enter at the fishing pier at Tucker Tower Nature center. Surface swim 200 yards to the cliffs below the Tucker Tower. Dark and deep dive...Did I mention dark? Oh yea and low Vis. below 35 feet too. Sort of a Hellen Keller thing.

Better to enter anyplace between the spillway and Marietta Landing. Some Bass , endangered Darter fish, big old clams. Decent vis above 35 feet. A wall, some channels, rocks, trees, bolders, several boats, motorcycle, old piers, some dive platforms, and other dicarded lake treasures . Some folks tell me there is a crashed airplane out there. We've looked but never found it. (Did I say it was dark down there? :wink: )

Then of course there is the bench mark Lake Murray Dive "The Crab Trap" .

LakeScubaDiver:
Anyway, to answer your question, we probably dive at Tenkiller most in Oklahoma. It is pretty close and you can't beat the cliffs and overhangs at Crappie Point.

I want to head back up to Tenkiller someday. I did my OW Cert. there.

Those were Good times...
Yes Sir...
Tim took me down to 20 feet, sat me on a stump and had me show my skills. :D

Timeliner:
I want to head back up to Tenkiller someday. I did my OW Cert. there.

Those were Good times...
Yes Sir...
Tim took me down to 20 feet, sat me on a stump and had me show my skills. :D
I actually got certified at Gilboa Quarry in Ohio while I was stationed there. That was a pretty fun place to dive, lots to see. Tenkiller is a pretty good place to dive. Like I said, we always head to Crappie Point and dive there. However, Shawn and Chris both just got boats so I guess that will open up the lake to us! Let me know if you ever head up that way.

Have you ever dove the Valhalla Missle Silo? Thinking of trying that out...

LakeScubaDiver:
Let me know if you ever head up that way.

Have you ever dove the Valhalla Missle Silo? Thinking of trying that out...

Thanks...I'll let ya know if I'm headed that way.

Yes I've dived Valhalla. Can't wait to go back. Lots of gear to pack up and down 5 levels of stairs. I did 3 dives that day. Fun :D

FYI-- Timeliner and I will be doing a bit of diving at Murray on the 20th.,,,may just see you around there Andrew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom