Lake Murray 6/17-6/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowfinKunkfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Took a little side trip to Lake Murray on our way to Missouri, and met up with an old friend. Mr. John Chapman met us out there for some diving. All kinds of things conspired against us to try and get us not to dive, but we finally got there, and got AIR, and went diving anyway!

Surface temps were 77, and and temps at about 25 feet were 73. Was nice, and warm and comfy in my 4/3, with a 5/3 hood. Vis sucked though, only about 3-5 feet. BUT, there were some pockets where it was better. Especially our second dive on Thursday, we went south from the boat ramp along the wall, and had probably 5-6 feet of vis for most of the dive. Saw lots of trash on that dive, picked up quite a bit of loot, and rocks. John spotted a nice pair of sunglasses, and then he lost them?! I think Kunk35 had something to do with that...:D

Anyway, we had some nice dives despite the vis, got to visit with our dive buddy John, and ate special brownies, it was good time! Charley (our dog) didn't quite accept John by the end of the trip, but I think he thought he was generally okay, and decided not to eat him. :D

Special thanks to John for finally meeting up with us, providing some AIR, and putting up with our dog, and all the little Kunks.

Rhonda

I see you are still having fun playing with your camera. Great new pic of you and Kory :)

Yes, some friends of ours in Missouri have a pool, we had a great time Friday night taking pics of everyone in the water. It was almost as much fun as diving! We were tempted to put our scuba gear on, but we resisted. We did have our masks and fins though!:D

Rhonda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom