Lake Mohave - I'll bring the air???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mohave_steve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

I have moved to Vegas but haven't sold the house in Purgatory yet (anybody want to buy a house?). So, I am staying in Vegas during the week and spending the weekends
in Purgatory (Bullhead City).

I have found it frustrating in the past to have to drive 2hrs to Vegas to get air so that I could dive a site 20mins from my house. Now that I am making the commute down on Friday and back on Sunday why not carry enough air for me and my friends to dive Cabinsite Point on Saturday and then carry the tanks back with me to Vegas on Sunday?

Anyone interested?

Maybe include the non-divers & make it a day at the lake dive/BBQ?

Thanks

Steve

Hey Steve. I start my PADI OW class on Tuesday with Tim Wetzel from Sport Chalet. Our OW dives will be at Cabinsite, and he told me there is a shop in Kingman that fills. Kingman is about 1/2 the drive than going to Vegas. FYI.

Yes, the shop in Kingman is called Water World Scuba. The address is 3045 E. Northern Ave.....Phone number is (928)692-DIVE. The owner's name is Jerry, and he is at Cabinsite quite a bit.

I have called waterworld often enough I can almost quote the message on thier answering machine by heart but I have never spoken to a live person. When are they open?

Well I guess that is beside the point now as I am making the trip from Vegas anyway.

Ay interest?

Hey Steve,

Got your PM, I am making arrangements with Sin City Dive for a charter on Tuesday and Wednesday. If any one is looking to call out from work (I hear it is supposed to be around 106*) it would be a great day to be in the water.

Drop me a PM and I will give you my cell or vice a versa.

Lets get in the water.

Forest

Anyone up for Cabinsite this weekend???

Hey Steve. Just dove there for our OW and NG certs this past weekend. For a first timer, it was pretty cool. As my instructor said, it wasn't exactly the pretty reef and fish in the brochures, but cool nonetheless. :)

Congrats Kieth!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your diving at Cabinsite.

I may be headed out there on Saturday. What were conditions like?

Steve

Steve --

Sent you a PM a few days ago. I'm new in town and looking to do some local diving. Are you heading out to Lake Mohave this weekend? Need some company?

Andy

~100*F ambient temps, 77*F at the surface, 59*F in the first thermocline. Vis at the bottom was about 20'. Wind kicked up around noon to 20+mph.

Back
Top Bottom