Lake Mead??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove in Lake Mead over a year ago, I booked the dive boat trip with International Scuba in Henderson, NV. It's on Lake Mead Dr. so you'll pass it on your way to Lake Mead from the Strip, if it's still around.
There wasn't a whole lot to see on the first dive, I was wearing a 7mm step-in jacket, stayed above the thermocline at 70ft or so. I saw mud, mud, and more mud on that dive. I did see 1 fish, plus an unopened can of cat food which the DM told me to open underwater so the fish could eat. On the second dive, we went to an area where there were about 5 houseboats that had sunk. That was interesting as I had never seen a wreck before.
All in all, not one of my favorite diving days. But it sure beat losing the money at the blackjack table.

Mel

From what I understand one of the structures peaks is about 4 ft down. also off fishermans point near the marina is an 18-20ft cabin cruiser in about 30 ft of water. Visability is only about 6-8 ft right now and I was there this past weekend. A really good dive shop in town about 10-15 min away is Gr8 divn ( www.gr8divn.com ) The man is very knowledgeable. also there is an eco dive every month at lake meade they provide door prizes and food. Great way to get in dive time and help out mother nature. I'll try to get more info. Going back out to lake meade in about 2 weeks for another dive.

sparrow187:
From what I understand one of the structures peaks is about 4 ft down.

When I first dive the Batch plant, the top of the plant was 70' deep and the lower part end was at 110' feet. We also had 50' of Vis. I sure hope it starts to fill again soon. I've been wondering what the current depth was. I guess by the end of this summer it will be exposed again. Are there still seperate islands or have they all become one big one?

spiderman:
When I first dive the Batch plant, the top of the plant was 70' deep and the lower part end was at 110' feet. We also had 50' of Vis. I sure hope it starts to fill again soon. I've been wondering what the current depth was. I guess by the end of this summer it will be exposed again. Are there still seperate islands or have they all become one big one?

Friends went to dive the plant this past weekend, the top was breaking the surface... Lake elevation right now is 1137'.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom