Lake Mead??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to Vegas in June Has anyone ever dove in Lake Meade or anyone know of a dive shop around there?

Never Mind I found what I was looking for did a post before a search.

gtxl1200:
Heading to Vegas in June Has anyone ever dove in Lake Meade or anyone know of a dive shop around there?

Never Mind I found what I was looking for did a post before a search.

My cousin dove there last year..I'll see if he has any info I can pass along to you.

There is an episode of deep sea detectives where they dove to check out a B29 bomber about 180ft down in lake mead. At least in that area, the lake was completely dead, no vegetation or fish.

Well with the rate the lakes water is dropping it will be at 100' in less than 2 years LOL

look into diving the Colorado River on the other side of Hoover Dam, Willow Beach, AZ.

I dove there a couple of years ago with Drew's Dam Divers.

Awesome diving if you don't mind fast river currents.

I have done lots of diving in Lake Mead. There are lots of fish if you know where to look. Colorado river is a great dive too. If you do the Colorado river go with one of the charters. Ringbolt rapids is like diving a washing machine.

Hi, I have only just registered on this forum after seeing your post.
I am travelling from England in June to dive Lake Mead, I arranged my trip with
DESERT DIVERS SUPPLY I found them by seaching on the web.
I spoke on the phone to Carole, who was really helpful Here are their contact details.
DESERT DIVERS SUPPLY
5720 E. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89142-1015
Phone (702) 438-1000
Fax (702) 317-3490
E-mail scubalvnev@aol.com

Hope this is of some use
Safe Diving
Jack

Living here in Vegas, Lake Mead is not that great of a dive. The vis is 5-10 feet at best in the early spring. In June, the algae will be in bloom with the water temps warming up and vis is 2-5 feet at best. The thermo is at about 30 feet with water temps in the low 60's. There is a couple of places that run boats, but most are moving below the dam due to the LOW water level (1140 right now). Internation Scuba Center runs charters below the dam and this is considered a VERY strong drift dive. Most places will only go out if there are 4 divers, and the cost is between $75-100 per diver.

You can not dive near the B-29, and other areas are dangerous due to heavy boat and jet ski traffic. Most boaters do not pay attention to dive flags, so be warned if you are venturing out without a group. The 2 designated dive spots (Saddle Cove and Scuba Park) are mostly out of the water, and boring unless you are a beginner.

Here is a link http://aquanutz.com/local_diving.htm to some interesting dive sites,but check the depths that the list and the current level, they may be above water now.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom