Lake Lewisville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone interested in diving the SW shore this weekend? Just off Jones & Kealy. The park is opening this weekend. Never tried the lake. Might be interesting.

I would not advise it zezo vis and drunk boaters. I used to ride Jet skis down there and nearly got killed once a summer. If they could see me and nearly hit me imagine the problem with a diver down float. I imagine they might try to use it for a salom course.

If you do go have fun please be safe and please post a report I might be wrong

I'm with Luke- Lake Lewisville! Whew, I think you'd be better off in the middle of a shipping canal. That lake is insane, it's like the Autobahn of boating. I hope you decide against it- there's too many other safer places to go. Come dive with us at CSSP this weekend!

If your already that far North you should just head up I-35 and hop across the border to dive at Lake Murray, OK. That would be the closest lake with clear water. Marietta Landing is a good spot there. 60 miles from Denton ...
From N. Dallas thats faster/closer then going to CSSP.
Vis. there will be better then CSSP and it's free. Yes... there is also a LDS in the town of Marietta, OK.

OK, so Lake Lewisville is a death wish. If the boaters don't get you the water moccasin will. So Lake Murry sounds like lots of fun. CCSP and Athens just don’t do it for me.
How about Possum Kingdom Lake?

Dutchman:
OK, so Lake Lewisville is a death wish. If the boaters don't get you the water moccasin will. So Lake Murry sounds like lots of fun. CCSP and Athens just don’t do it for me.
How about Possum Kingdom Lake?

Yeah, stay away from Lewisville. You can't even see like 3 feet. Water is really deep green with algae once you get in it. NASTY.

I live here in Lewisville, and the only diving done in Lake Lewisville that I am aware of is by Law enforcement, usually when they are trying to find one of the boating accident victims.

Timeliner, where is the LDS in Marietta? I used to live there about 20 years ago, and there wasn't one back then that I am aware of. It is great to hear that they have one now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom