Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look at the very end of the ramp, very close to the bottom...unless it has been broken loose, and it does from time to time, the line goes out to the 1st platform. The platform is about 40 feet away, and if memory serves correctly, about 45 degrees compass heading.

They put up a large buoy at the graveyard, you can see it quite well when leaving the dock or the divers ramp.

Any one know the current temperature of the lake? Thanks. Never mind, I see LJDS just updated the temp. to 50" and rising. I'm gonna need more "Depends".

Last edited:
Beautiful Fall day yesterday at Lake Jocassee. Water temperature 68F at 25-40 feet. We didn't go deep--just practicing skills. Water level is pretty low, due to the drought, I suppose.

Low water means shallower forest.

I am headed to Lake Jocassee the first weekend in June for a few dives. I think most of our dives will be less than 60 feet deep, but we will have one that is in the 80-100 foot range. What thickness wetsuit do y'all recommend that time of year?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom