Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the name of that charter that picks up @ the diver's ramp during the summer? I'd like to go to Jellyfish Hill, but Bill never goes there.

I have a friend that runs charters that I'll probably see on Sunday and I can ask if she'll go there. I could take you sometime in my personal boat but I'd prefer to have a boat sitter with us. If the anchor pulls out while down it's a long swim!!

What is the name of that charter that picks up @ the diver's ramp during the summer? I'd like to go to Jellyfish Hill, but Bill never goes there.

Where's Jellyfish Hill?

A ring was found at the dive ramp this afternoon (7/19/15). If you think you lost yours at the ramp, send me a PM with a description.

Carl

---------- Post added July 19th, 2015 at 07:28 PM ----------

Where's Jellyfish Hill?
Jellyfish Hill is a hump on Jocassee that comes up to about 20' at the top. On the north side of the hump is a bunch of trees that they bulldozed over before filling the lake. It also allows you to swim in standing timber at around 70'. There is a big ski boat sank on the east side, and tons of old Christmas trees dumped on it. Lot's of good fish life on that dive.

Any buoys or other markings to show where it's at?

No, you would have to have a lake map or the lake would have to be down a good bit. There was a shoal marker on it at one time but it sank and it's on the bottom now.

scoutlover, shooting you a PM with a number to call for a charter. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind taking you out.

Does anyone know what is the compass bearing at the diver "boat ramp" to swim out to the platform? The platform is great for practicing skills on, but I sometimes have been unable to find it.

At the end of the left ramp, as viewed from shore, there is a line running from there to the 1st platform...real easy to find.

At the end of the left ramp, as viewed from shore, there is a line running from there to the 1st platform...real easy to find.

Hah! Talk about hitting the Easy button. I don't recall having seen a line, but I will be sure to find it this time.

Back
Top Bottom