Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've GOT to ask.....that leg, arm, and (presumably) body that is visible at 4:00 in the second video above. REAL person?

I've GOT to ask.....that leg, arm, and (presumably) body that is visible at 4:00 in the second video above. REAL person?

No they are fake.The hole and stones are real

Because it is interesting to see the outlines of the dug up graves and the headstones still there!

The graves are dug up?! I thought they were just old graves from the movie (deliverance). That makes them even more cool. i hope that's not weird. also I was wondering if anyone had video of the attakulla lodge in lake jocassee. I'm trying to convince my friend that tech diving is worth it and this is one of the sites I would love to visit one day. There used to be a video I had bookmarked but it seems to be gone and I could not find one on youtube. Thanks in advance!

The graves are dug up?! I thought they were just old graves from the movie (deliverance). That makes them even more cool. i hope that's not weird. also I was wondering if anyone had video of the attakulla lodge in lake jocassee. I'm trying to convince my friend that tech diving is worth it and this is one of the sites I would love to visit one day. There used to be a video I had bookmarked but it seems to be gone and I could not find one on youtube. Thanks in advance!

here is a link to the CNN VIDEO on the Jocassee dive shop web sight
Welcome to Lake Jocassee Dive Shop, Salem, SC

When they showed the scene where the workers are digging up the graves in the movie, those weren't actors, but actual workers. If you look past the cemetery, there is a row of Cyprus trees and they are still down there. I think it is a neat dive but now that the water level is up, it is out of reach of most divers.

Water temp. in Keowee Sat. and Sun. was 46' and 48'. Interesting dive on Old Shackleford Road. Trying to find a sonar picture of the bridge; is it closer to the west bank or east bank.

here is a link to the CNN VIDEO on the Jocassee dive shop web sight
Welcome to Lake Jocassee Dive Shop, Salem, SC

we do have some excellent video footage of Attakulla Lodge. Most of it is posted on Facebook. You mind send a friend request to Debbie Fletcher (me) and/or Radek Pavlas (who took some great footage).

OK I'll send a request soon! I saw an awesome video on greenvilleonline and bookmarked it but its gone now. So now facebook it is!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom