Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Art that really sucks. I talked with mike after we got back from the wall .He told me how it went .) we got 3 great dive in (2 at the wall and 1 at the ramp. I hope the doc's get it all sorted out .

After spending most of yesterday and today with the docs....I'm back on the original medicine that he took me off of three weeks ago! At least he cleared me today to back diving!!

Send him a bill for the three weeks of your life that he screwed up, might cover a few weekends of diving for you, or maybe get you a couple of used lights :).

Went out the week before last to the wall and cemetary, was a great dive! Mike, Tripp, I, and a diver who I can't remember their name went out and I got to try out my 6.5mm wetsuit, wow what a difference. I'm looking at doing to rescue diver course the 20/21 of this month.

Good luck Art . I hope to get back up there some time soon . But My WALLET IT GIVING ME fits. Avery time I want to go diving I look in it and it is empty . The funds just run out. Must have a leak. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
This year I have had so many thing come up that requires me to divert dive fund to it . Got to get back to work

Went out the week before last to the wall and cemetary, was a great dive! Mike, Tripp, I, and a diver who I can't remember their name went out and I got to try out my 6.5mm wetsuit,

Hey Art, I went out with all of you that weekend. My name is Mitch (from Atlanta area) and I was the one who came in to the dive shop there with the Honda minivan :D Stayed with family and friends up the road at Devil's Fork state park.

Anyway, thanks for going along & and I had a great time. I thought they were great dives as well & all went good for my introduction to Lake Jocassee. I would love to go more often, but as always, time and funds are usually a factor. However, I hope to go more & Lake Jocassee is definitely now HIGH on my radar for a more local destination. In addition to some great diving, we had a great time at the state park as well. I only have about 30 logged dives & nowhere near the experience compared to you guys, but it was still a good time & glad I had your experience along to guide me in the lake. Again, thanks for going along and hope to see you again in the future.

Last edited:
My bad...Mitch! We really enjoyed diving with you and I'm glad we got to show you around Lake Jocassee!

Saw a notification today, the ramps are closed for the annual trout restocking. If you want to dive Jocassee, you'll have to have a boat or get on a charter until they re-open the ramps.

Saw a notification today, the ramps are closed for the annual trout restocking. If you want to dive Jocassee, you'll have to have a boat or get on a charter until they re-open the ramps.

That seems earlier than usual. Did they say when the ramps will be open?

That seems earlier than usual. Did they say when the ramps will be open?

I don't know, but it looks like the canoe ramp will be finished March 1, 2013 so I bet they open both at the same time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom