Lake Jocassee - Junk Map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it looked to be right to the left of devils fork park as we left for the dive site. Several folks commented there wasn't a bunch of stuff there but got deep quick

This looks like it from a quick map quest

upload_2020-5-18_22-10-35.png

Here are the maps of the boat ramp area that some diver kindly gave me.

Attachments

• Scan_20200518.jpg
    Scan_20200518.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Scan_20200518 (2).jpg
    Scan_20200518 (2).jpg
    30 KB · Views: 219
  • Scan_20200518 (3).jpg
    Scan_20200518 (3).jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 199
Do you know where this is?
As you drive into the park turn left, go past swimming area and campground, and fee Station. New Divers area parking is next right. If you knew where the old Divers ramp was and looked right into a cove, the new dive area is on the other side of the peninsula. The old ramp is now for motorized boats.

The plan from LJDS is to move all the stuff from around the old dive area and relocate into the new dive area. Old areas would be a long ass swim from New Divers area not to mention the boaters.
Kayakers will be using the new "Divers" area too. Immajussayin!!

I.m sure it has the potential to be a FUBAR mess. A Big FUBAR mess.

[QUOTE="rlskill1, post: 9013825, member:
The old ramp is now for motorized boats.[/QUOTE]

In a week from now. Fubar...yes. Yesterday I was happy to be surrounded by kayaks.

Oh boy...Why didn't they just build another motor boat ramp? Now the kayaks who go out along the shore will have to cross the ways with the speed boats.

Oh boy...Why didn't they just build another motor boat ramp?.

Expense of a concrete ramp. No telling what the New Deal will look like.

Expense of a concrete ramp. No telling what the New Deal will look like.
The whole affair looks weird to me. They already had 2 motor boat ramps, why more? The ramp at the end of the road was seldom used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom