Lake Jocassee - Junk Map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

homerdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if anyone had a map of the junk area of Jocassee (where the junk is), that shows to what all the lines go to?

My dive shop I like to go to isn't diving for a bit, but I could take my family up there in our boat.

I really don't remember all the directions to the cemetery (the shallow one) the card table etc.

Any help I would appreciate.

Thanks

JJ

The junk is across the lake at the wall. Boat ride is needed.
The Divers ramp is still open for now. Lake buoys have been removed so carrying a dive flag is probably a good idea. The shallow graveyard at the ramp is to the left of the end of the ramp in 30-33'. The 2 platforms are mostly straight off the left ramp. There is a permanent line to the deeper platform at 43'. The boat in the cove and platform and kick cycle marked off blocks, needs some of the guidelines replaced, but they are out there in about 35-40' of water.
The lake is open. Water temp is 60-ish degrees.

If a moderator could fix the title would be helpful, I misspelled jocassee

My LDS is actually doing a trip this weekend.

So hopefully I can take a picture of the map and post it. They have it on one of their boats.

rskill1, I hope they (my daughter and wife) don't see your temp report or they might bail.

Will give a report

Make sure you carry a dive flag. The new Divers area will open Memorial Day weekend. A dive back into the cove on the right might be the best and safest place to dive with the changes to boats and buoys.

I really don't remember all the directions to the cemetery (the shallow one) the card table etc.

Do you mean the shallow fake one left of the divers ramp?

If a moderator could fix the title would be helpful, I misspelled jocassee

My LDS is actually doing a trip this weekend.

So hopefully I can take a picture of the map and post it. They have it on one of their boats.

rskill1, I hope they (my daughter and wife) don't see your temp report or they might bail.

Will give a report

who's your LDS and where are you going? I'm debating on heading up there this weekend.

the Scuba Shop out of Spartanburg they run their pontoons out of Devils Fork State park

They are a class act. Just heading over to where the junk is and probably will dive the wall

who's your LDS and where are you going? I'm debating on heading up there this weekend.

I'll be there around 11am ...or so...today.

Got a dive in yesterday -

My wife and daughter lasted 28 minutes, I couldn't believe it. it was 59 at depth (60') and 62 at like 10 feet

Vis wasn't that good, but had a good time and was glad to go out with the dive shop.

I was too cold to make a map, but will next time. If you go to dive there on your own boat, drop down on the buoy and follow the line, or drop down right between them and you will see the junk, from there you can follow a couple lines. The one to the east goes to a tic-tac-toe table.

I spent the second dive playing in 18 feet of water, and saw a huge bass, just followed him around.

There were some folks doing dive suit training and I saw a guy fill his up with water. I was in a 5mil and not really cold, but it appears to me a dry suit filled with water is worse than being naked based on how cold he was.

I was very glad to get back in the water and plan to make a map and post it one time this summer GOPR4556.JPG

Daughter enjoyed it greatly with her Bonaire scuba hat.

Back
Top Bottom