Lake Jocasse SC Oct 28-29th diving and camping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
Count me in! The water's still warm enough, and we'll have some hot beverages for our SI's. Come on down and see the JOCASSEE SKELETON CREW. "Mr. Bones" has some new family for you to meet. The leaves are turning, and it should be a beautiful weekend!

How far of a drive is that from Nashville? If it's not too far I'd love to join in the fun :)

Drew, I think the lake is about 350 miles from Nashville depending on your start point. We would love you have you. We might require that you bring along your guitar and sing for your hot cider!

If anyone wants to do a mapquest or google map, use the adress of Off the Wall Dive Charters at 350 Lake Jocassee Rd, Salem, SC 29676. You can get air and nirtrox, tanks and so forth from there. His shop is about 5 minutes from the lake and you have to pass it to get to the lake. http://www.offthewalldiving.com/2.html

Here is also a link to Devils Fork State Park http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/park-finder/state-park/1355.aspx

It really is a great lake. It has everything from areas for kids to swim and snorkel all the way down to 400+ feet for the tec divers. You can walk in from the shore down the diveres ramp (boat ramps blocked off for divers) or take a charter out on the lake.

I am bringing along a canopy with enclosed sides and a heater and my coleman stove to keep the hot choc, cider, teas, and coffee flowing all weekend.

Thanks to the help of Leah I'm going to be there :) The nice thin is I have a gig in Knoxville Friday night so the drive will be split in 1/2 already :)

Drew, glad you are going to make it. We have several other folks coming too. It is shaping up to be quite the dive party. Looking forward to diving along with you and the rest of the "Skeleton Crew"
Leah

If any of you all made it down this past weekend. Do you remember the water temp?
I plan on going down this coming weekend.

Thanks

Miller:
If any of you all made it down this past weekend. Do you remember the water temp?
I plan on going down this coming weekend.

Thanks

68 -- sure felt colder than that to Leah and me (we're such girls :blinking: ) - but computers don't lie. I was fine in a 7-mil -- got a little chilly in a 5-mil, but on that particular dive, we were just staying still and feeding the fish. That probably contributed some to the cold.

On the last dive after the fish feeding Jim and I hit 50ft and it was about 64 there. That's when I turned into a popsicle in my 3mm and vest.

Didn't do the singles dive but I did dive the Graveyard Sunday. My computer had 59F at 120'.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom