Lake Huron North Star / Regina Wreck dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HKGuns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Most of this was taken with a GoPro Hero 7 black in 4K60, with some bits from a Hero 5 black in 720P and an Iphone in 4K.

I am still concentrating mostly on my diving and am not an expert video guy. No lights, this was all ambient lighting at depth, which wasn't bad, but not great.

Edited and exported in Lightworks Pro x64.

I was the least qualified diver of this group (AOW). Most of the others were "DiveMasters" and I got a little irritated at the "DiveMasters" fining up the bottom in front of me on the first dive.

Thanks for sharing!!

DW

Re-Mastered the video. I got a bit carried away with the addition of Red color space in the original. It will be a few minutes before the 4K version is finished processing on youtube.

I no longer use Youtube, posting this one more time from a better service that won't bother you with commercials or control your speech. I wish I could delete those first two posts.

I'm taking your comment as sarcastic, as you probably saw the finning of the bottom.

I was the most inexperienced diver of the entire group. The Regina was my max depth ever and only my second "real" dry suit dive. All of the "Divemasters" and "Rescue Divers" were finning up the bottom of the wreck in front of me.

It was a bit irritating. I readily admit I'm a newb and pretty much suck, but i know better than to drop to the bottom and stir up the muck. :)

Wow. Definitely odd technique. If they had to tell you they were Divemasters that was a dead giveaway! :rofl3:

I’m giving a presentation next week for Force-E wreck month on diving the wrecks of the GLs. This is one thing I plan to point out. The bottom is mud & silt. Fining technique & buoyancy control are HUGELY important. Not like the wrecks here in FL with sand bottom and current to carry it away when it’s stirred up.

I really like the North Star. That’s one wreck I’m going to talk about. I’ve also dived her sister ship the Northern Light in Key Largo.

Good video. Thx for sharing!

Also the hand sculling and bizarre finning technique near the end.

Ha! That was actually me. I was having mask flooding issues the entire dive that I couldn't resolve. So, I would scull myself upright to do a mask clear. Thinking the mask was slightly over my hood somewhere but no matter what I did it just kept flooding.

Probably not great technique, but having that sort of issue at my max depth ever wasn't optimal.

Back
Top Bottom