Lake Berryessa, Napa California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

let me know if you can find where it is... i did a little research and can't find anything, prob looking in the wrong places!

jon m:
come on!!!
it all depends on when you go! vis in the spring (Feb,Mar Aprl) can be upwards of 30'!!! depending on rain and other conditions. of course in late spring through fall there will plankton blooms that drop vis dramatically.... i fish there all the time and i've SEEN vis at 30'+ feet on the depthfinder. just started diving last year, and i'll be diving it this spring ... i
i'll let you know... i figure if i'm already going fishing, ill throw the tanks on the boat and do a dive in the afternoon when it gets warmer (water temp from 49F to54F at that time of the year)

so feb - apr is the best time to go diving in this site. can this be access from the shore or is it a boat dive only? maybe i'll try diving there this feb

you can probably get decent access from the shore... i was there a couple weeks ago and it hasn't cleared up yet...

jon m:
let me know if you can find where it is... i did a little research and can't find anything, prob looking in the wrong places!

It's in the middle of the late, at least 100 feet down, and there's little more then bare foundations left. Not worth the effort and risk, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom