Lahaina's Newest Wreck :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good aloha would be to contact the owner and salvage for him/her. I mean, since you are down there anyway . . .

I'm sorry for the owner.

Saw two different boats diving on it today - the one group was there for well over 2 hrs.

Tomorrow AM Sean and I are going to attempt getting there from shore... let you all know how it goes.

Aloha, Tim

Sean and I searched for the "Recluse" a week and a half ago, but didn't find it (he did however post some great pics from that dive on his site Lahaina Wreck Search, 12/20/2007 - SCUBAPOST.net Forums ) A few days later I had the boat drop me and Mako Mike off on it and we spent 30 minutes there. It is in 44 fsw and about 40-48 ft long.

recluse_bw.jpg

It is rocking on the bottom and the keel has split open spilling all it's lead ballast across the bottom, and the anchor chain is hanging thru the hull too. Still a fun dive, even if it's only worth 30 minutes or so.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom