Lagoon of La Media Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LVX

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Has anyone ever been to the Lagoon of La Media Luna in Northern Mexico. I am scheduled for a trip in March of 2008 and wanted to see what others think about it.

thanks

Layne

Looks like a pretty sweet spot from what I have read and seen picture wise.

Went there in the 70's. I didn't think it would survive the 80's,90's....
They were in a hurry to destroy the well (Lagoon?) at that time. I have a few artifacts. It was the 70's, I don't remember much these days.

Wow that sounds like a cool trip.
Is the group in March fully booked?

I wasn't in on that CHUM trip, which members have told me was a blast, but I went there on my own last March. It's a pretty nice place to dive, water is clear and quite warm. Rio Verde is extremely popular with Mexicans as a place to camp and bbq. It's packed on weekends though not so many divers. There's a good dive shop nearby and the owner's name is Osseo.

It's not Cozumel and I probably wouldn't make a major trip there once you've done it. But that said, I'll probably be there this March 2008 and maybe every March. My situation is a little unique in that I drive within an hour of it on our annual spring break trip to visit family in Celaya. It helps break up the drive *a little bit*, turns 20 hours straight into 4/16. Hey, any excuse to dive, right? I tell my wife it helps *a lot*. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom