Ladies, if you were about to be proposed to.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No offense but if it were me, take her on a great dive then before or after dinner, long or short walk on the beach, the knee thing is fine. But you're making a movie in my history these marriages dont last. they are good stories thought.

It is posts like these that make me wish there were an opposite of the 'Thanks' button. :shakehead:

That was a nasty thing to say scubamountaingirl.

All you can do is shake your head and disregard a post like that. You can HEAR the sadness and disillusionment in that post and it is completely at odds with where you and your fiancee are in life. Regardless of one's own experience, that advice was very uncalled for and in poor taste. All that matters is how happy you made your fiancee and how happy you both are with that day and your lives together. I'm sure your fiancee appreciates all the thought and effort you put into that special trip. Almost all women would greatly appreciate it.

Best wishes to you both! :)

It is posts like these that make me wish there were an opposite of the 'Thanks' button. :shakehead:

Yeah, maybe a "Disagree" button??

It's a good thing that I just shake my head and laugh.

Well there you go. Glad you still have good sense about you, more than can be said for certain "advisors" on this thread.

Guess you're right, maybe mediocrity is the way to go :rofl3:

My favourite quote is by Baruch Spinoza who wrote "Sed omnia praeclara tam dificilia quam rara sunt" - "Everything great is as hard to realise as it is rare to find". Respect to you for being great and not mediocre.

Finally, how about a picture of the happy couple on the topside?

That was a nasty thing to say scubamountaingirl.
Sorry I did not mean to offend. I guess I like my scuba straight up and have seen too many movies and marriages in my life fail after grandiose gestures at the ceremony. I am very happy for this couple and only wish them the best. I will admit to being very disappointed with my own life's romance but that does not have to rub off on any one else. from now on I will keep my personal comments to myself. wendy

You know, I usually don't say anything but in this case I think it's warranted. I was really shocked to see any negative advice. I mean bad experiences are one thing but there were a couple that stood out and when I told my friends I thought one thing...wow, you have a guy here who is actually trying to create a special memory, going farther than just the " hey will you marry me?" and when the norm is mediocrity you would think everyone would be on board?

Now 95% of the advice was positive and great, the ring suggestion was AWESOME but I have to wonder where this comes from

It's a good thing that I just shake my head and laugh. I mean, why even say anything if you're just going to be negative... but let's take a look. Trip to Australia, private live aboard, upgraded don't lift a finger service, suprise proposal on the GBR, candy ring :wink:, photographer, private candle lit dinner with champagne on the captains deck,breakfast in bed, in your suite.. although we chose not to do that.

Guess you're right, maybe mediocrity is the way to go :rofl3: No offense but women like you are the reason men don't bother trying anymore. I guess, it's a good thing we aren't dating :popcorn:
look toadie i meant you no harm. I hope men dont stop trying cause for every romantic heart like yours, there is a romantic heart to accept the gesture. I was not trying to be mean. I suppose next time, only ask for positive advise. As for dating i do just fine thank you. For every personality there is someone to match. It is not mediocrity to just want it plain and simple after having more than one big show event. again. i am sorry i lit such a match under so many peoples hearts. I will no longer add any of my comments to SB. good bad or helpful. many years of happiness is my wish to you both. wendy

Hey Toadie!

Well done! It sounds like you had a fantastic time and everything went as planned!

Many years of happiness to both of you! Thanks for sharing your story with us!

You know, I usually don't say anything but in this case I think it's warranted. I was really shocked to see any negative advice. I mean bad experiences are one thing but there were a couple that stood out and when I told my friends I thought one thing...wow, you have a guy here who is actually trying to create a special memory, going farther than just the " hey will you marry me?" and when the norm is mediocrity you would think everyone would be on board?

Now 95% of the advice was positive and great, the ring suggestion was AWESOME but I have to wonder where this comes from

It's a good thing that I just shake my head and laugh. I mean, why even say anything if you're just going to be negative... but let's take a look. Trip to Australia, private live aboard, upgraded don't lift a finger service, suprise proposal on the GBR, candy ring :wink:, photographer, private candle lit dinner with champagne on the captains deck,breakfast in bed, in your suite.. although we chose not to do that.

Guess you're right, maybe mediocrity is the way to go :rofl3: No offense but women like you are the reason men don't bother trying anymore. I guess, it's a good thing we aren't dating :popcorn:
Toadie, glad you can shrug it off and laugh, as well you should, comments like that are completely uncalled for. While I, myself, am a divorced female, I am certainly NOT a bitter one by any means. My ex and I can still talk like friends and we have a wonderful son from our years together that we both love madly. Everything happens for a reason. I would NEVER try to dissuade others from taking that path. You have done all the right things so far, and if you continue to keep that mindset throughout your marriage, you have many wonderful years together ahead of you.

Back
Top Bottom