Ladies, if you were about to be proposed to.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toadie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ladies I need your advice....

My girlfriend and I will be diving on the Great Barrier Reef. During one of our dives on the first day I'm going to do the knee thing underwater and have a guide taking pictures. I'll ask her via underwater slate. That night we have a private dinner on the helipad (on the boat) and breakfast served in our suite the next morning. I can't help but to feel like I'm missing something...

What else would make this moment perfect?

I'm not a lady, but what about getting an ingenious clam or oyster shell and put the ring in the shell and plant it for her or you to find it and open it. Need to make sure the shell won't have any adverse impact to the environment though.

My hubby was going to do the shell thing, but he was worried about losing the ring, or a fish eating it or me thinking that I actually "found" the ring. I would recommend leaving the diamond on the boat and use an o-ring or something to stand-in.

My hubby was going to do the shell thing, but he was worried about losing the ring, or a fish eating it or me thinking that I actually "found" the ring. I would recommend leaving the diamond on the boat and use an o-ring or something to stand-in.

That's lame. I'm sorry. I'm not a lady, but this would come across to me as... ummm, somehow... "chickeny," I guess. If you're that worried, don't propose underwater but do it topside, just like the millions of other topside proposers.

Don't drop the ring, Dude!

I'd suggest a "dummy" ring if you do the underwater thing - just too much can go wrong with the real thing.

I fly hot air ballons and can't count the number of proposal flights I did. Nobody over lost a ring over the side but a few came close. More that one ring ended up on the floor of the basket. Yikes!

Awwww, this sounds beautiful :)

Just remember that fingers shrivel a bit underwater so the ring might not stay on her lovely finger...and are you sure you have the right size LOL I'd take the real ring, despite the risks, I think...there's something about a pretty ring at the right moment that really makes it special.

Champagne after the dive should be ready for you by the crew...should be popped as soon as you are both up on the deck and snot-free.

Good luck!

I dunno, it sounds really sweet, but as much as I love the water and diving. I wouldn't want to be proposed to on a slate. I would want to hear it. Just my opinion though

Oh and I would want a fair shot at looking a little pretty! ; )

I really like the clam shell idea !!!! A little bit of Botticelli here !!!

Do the slate thing too, but, being very, very careful not to aspirate any water, remove your reg and mouth the words at the same time. Already have the message written on the slate so that you don't have to fiddle-fart with it when the time comes . . . just keep it hidden from her.

A well timed execution would be marvelous.

Guess I'm just a bit of an old romantic.

I apologize, I know this is the Women's Forum, but I read the thread, though how wonderfully romantic the idea is, and just HAD to comment on it.

the K

(PS: Alcina, we went by Ginnie Springs but they didn't have any more Iguana t-shirts :sad:)

I got a cavity reading your thread, I'm joking. It's all very sweet, truly it is.

The woman you love, the ring, the slate and diving at GBR, what more could you be missing? I may be oversimplifying it but all the important details are present. Don't over think it and forget to enjoy the moment.

Good luck and remember to breathe!

There is something about hearing the words, but if you are both mad keen divers, having it prepared on a slate I think will be very nice, too!

I'm a bit of a sucker for a special proposal - here's what my hubby came up with...

Krak - :( I'm sad, but thanks for looking for me!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom