Ladies, if you were about to be proposed to.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aww, glad it went so well!

After the first dive I went and found Lucy, prepped my BCD with the sign and the candy ring, and talked to another one of the girls who wanted to come along and watch as well as stand in for safety.... I guess this proposal thing is quite emotional and could have some adverse reactions :confused:

People have been known to spit out their regs when they get excited.

Congrats.

THAT SO TOTALLY ROCKS! Good on you mate and congrats. May the two of you have many many many happy years together.

I bet that first snorkel dive must have been an awkward one for you. I can imagine that I would have been way too occupied with what is soon to happen to really fully get into a snorkel dive.

Again, congrats and best wishes.

Congrats!!! That s so romantic! Video would be nice... ;-)

No offense but if it were me, take her on a great dive then before or after dinner, long or short walk on the beach, the knee thing is fine. But you're making a movie in my history these marriages dont last. they are good stories thought.

WHAT THE...? Who gives such advice to someone who just got engaged? Maybe that explains why you have such a "history".

But you're making a movie in my history these marriages dont last.

I have no idea what this history of yours is but it doesn't sound good and I suggest you don't project that unto others. If you couldn't make it, don't expect that no-one else can.

I'm still rooting for Toadie. Good on you mate. And allow me to offer one more piece of advice (as a happily married man). For some strange reason, some people will consider it neccessary to give bad advice. Just ignore those. When one day your wife becomes pregnant you will be amazed how many people consider it neccessary to start telling you horror stories of miscarriages and pregnancies gone wrong. I've never understood why people would have such a twisted sense of "encouragement".

I remember when I was engaged. It was one of the happiest times of my life to date. And this one guy tells me that the best thing is to go through with the wedding and then get a divorce afterwards rathern than terminating the engagement because engaged women are like steam locomotives and there's no stopping it. What made him think that divorce or terminating the engagement was even remotely being considered?

:popcorn:

Ok, so I'm back in Sydney after a week in Cairns and I would say the plan worked perfectly.
Aw shucks. I’d be thrilled.
Ya know it’s supposed to be the thought that counts, but for me…
Carrying out the delivery is better than trying to figure out what it was supposed to be.

Congratulations, and best wishes to the imminent missus.

You know, I usually don't say anything but in this case I think it's warranted. I was really shocked to see any negative advice. I mean bad experiences are one thing but there were a couple that stood out and when I told my friends I thought one thing...wow, you have a guy here who is actually trying to create a special memory, going farther than just the " hey will you marry me?" and when the norm is mediocrity you would think everyone would be on board?

Now 95% of the advice was positive and great, the ring suggestion was AWESOME but I have to wonder where this comes from

No offense but if it were me, take her on a great dive then before or after dinner, long or short walk on the beach, the knee thing is fine. But you're making a movie in my history these marriages dont last. they are good stories thought.

It's a good thing that I just shake my head and laugh. I mean, why even say anything if you're just going to be negative... but let's take a look. Trip to Australia, private live aboard, upgraded don't lift a finger service, suprise proposal on the GBR, candy ring :wink:, photographer, private candle lit dinner with champagne on the captains deck,breakfast in bed, in your suite.. although we chose not to do that.

Guess you're right, maybe mediocrity is the way to go :rofl3: No offense but women like you are the reason men don't bother trying anymore. I guess, it's a good thing we aren't dating :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom