La Paz Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAIBdiver1:
vel525,

We're going the month after - 13Oct. First time at Cantamar and am really looking forward to the trip. Hope you have a good trip and post a report.

Fairfax ? I live in Loudoun County

NAIBDiver1

Ya, technically in Vienna, but same area. Moved down here this past Oct from Chicago. Havne't done any local diving as I am not a fan of cold water :D
I'm thinking a drive down to Morehead City for some wreck diving is feasible though. You dive locally or do you travel to dive?

i dove at la paz last weekend (aug 04, 05) it was good. still low viz and the water is a little cold for this time of the year, at los islotes.
In La reina the water was warmer maybe 22 Celsius, sea lions and lot of life.
I heard that some orcas were in the area but did not see any one.

I have dove previously with carey, and with cantamar, and enjoyed both, but my favorite is baja expeditions.

pitah, thanks for the update. 22C seems a little cold! that's like 72F right? holy crap, i was expecting water temps in the 80s in sept!

scubabun, i'm going to be there the same week! i was supposed to go the week after, but had to move things around at the last minute because of work. huge thanks to pedro and club cantamar for understanding and working with me! i am staying and diving with club cantamar.

well i have not the exact water temp. but it was the estimation from josie, our divemaster. Maybe you can check the temp some days previous to your trip with cantamar.

i also want to recomend you a good restaurant (mexican gourmet style) that is called "las tres virgenes" at downtown, and also the very famous pescado (fish), and shrimp tacos at "el bismarkcito".

have a nice trip.

pitah:
well i have not the exact water temp. but it was the estimation from josie, our divemaster. Maybe you can check the temp some days previous to your trip with cantamar.

i also want to recomend you a good restaurant (mexican gourmet style) that is called "las tres virgenes" at downtown, and also the very famous pescado (fish), and shrimp tacos at "el bismarkcito".

have a nice trip.

yes, i was planning on contacting cantamar a week or so prior to our trip to confirm water temps.

thank you for the restaurant recommendation!!

I was diving with cantamar last week. The water temps varied considerably from dive site to dive site. The first day we registered 68 on our computers at depth. The one warm dive we did was around 80. All the divemasters seemed surprised it was still as cold as it was and were expecting it to warm up over the next few weeks.

I'll be posting a full report in the next day or so.

Thanks for the restaurant recommendations! El Moro is not all-inclusive so recommendations on where to eat are greatly appreciated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom