La Paz dive shop recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I assume you're replying to the other poster about "gouging", since I never used that word. I said they were pricey...which they are.

I've found several other La Paz dive shops that offer the same trip description for $150 or less. Unless they are all providing sketchy/sub-standard dive services, they're 25% cheaper than CE, which adds up for 2 divers over multiple days.

CE may provide a unique dive experience that the others don't, but I'm not seeing it from the description.
It’s simple. How many people are on the boat?

Yeah, they are on my "recommended" list, they're just a little pricey for a 2 tank dive ($200)

I was also startled to see the prices for 2-tank dives in La Paz. Unlike Cozumel, where the dive sites are within 15-minutes by boat, all the La Paz dive sites are a two-hour boat ride from the harbor. Two hours each way. Take a good windbreaker! And a good hat for sun protection! Yes, as wetb4 stated above, a 2-tank boat dive in La Paz is a full-day excursion. I was there as a solo traveler diving only one of two days in La Paz, so for me the price difference wasn't really an issue. I will confirm that there were only 4 divers on the boat. I specifically wanted to dive Los Islotes to play with sea lions on either one of my two days in La Paz. I checked with other operators and couldn't get a straight answer about diving Los Islotes. The other operators have mixed reviews on Google and Tripadvisor. That's why I came to Scubaboard for a recommendation from actual divers. If you go with one of the other operators, by all means, please let us know how they did!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom