la jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awills101

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
who dives in san diego?
possibly looking for more people to dive with.....

also check out divetrippers.com its a local dive forum with divers all from sandiego

I just dove La Jolla on Sunday. Brrrr! I'm a weenie Florida diver and 53 was tough. I did the canyon with a guide from OEX and had a great time, although the dive was a bit blah. Maybe next time I'm in town I'll shoot ya a note.

i was out in the canyon on 1/25/09 and it was 57 its not cold at all but im always bodyboarding out here so im used to it
and yeah there isnt much to see in the canyon but if you go south kinda in to the cove to the marine room there is a ton of life

I started at a spot called Cathedrals. At least thats what it said on the big concrete map on shore. The DM was impressed I lasted almost an hour on my tank and we covered a ton of ground. I guess he's used to people hoovering through their air.

I dive at La Jolla 2 or 3 times a week. Sure...its not pretty coral reefs but there is tons to see if you aren't focused on 'covering a lot of ground'.

Albums for La Jolla Shores life are here: La Jolla Shores-the last 4 years The albums are on the left of the page under.....La Jolla.

You can also check out my blog which is almost exclusively San Diego diving. Including the kelp and local wrecks.

www.mydivinglife.com/divinman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom