LA diving??? I'm from NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

masterlucas3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hey guys i gotta go to LA for a wedding in a few months and wanted to have an idea whats some good local diving spots and if theres any clubs or shops that have weekly local diving, im from nj so im not familar with the area at all

We go diving in the Malibu and PV area usauly once a weekend and one night dive during the week :D

hey master, what town are you going to be staying at and when?.... there is always someone diving somewhere in So.Cal. "LA" area... I'm sure you'll have no problem getting wet while your'e on the "left coast".

hey guys i gotta go to LA for a wedding in a few months and wanted to have an idea whats some good local diving spots and if theres any clubs or shops that have weekly local diving, im from nj so im not familar with the area at all

If you dive in NJ then LA will be pretty common to you. In most case you can leave the Drysuit behind.

boat dive los angeles has a good source for boats with day trips.

HOLLYWOODDIVERS.COM is a great rec/ tech shop and has about anything you would need rental wise.

I find Santa Barbara/ Ventura kind of tiresome.

When I am in LA I take the time to drive to San Diego for my diving.

The wrecks are more interesting to me there.

i have no idea what town, its some where in the burbs of la and its in nov its for a wedding but my family is gonna take some more days and hangout, so should i ship my drysuit out, backplate, and wing out or is it more rec diving and vis wise what are we talking about im probably gonna rent a car and have no problem driving a bit for a good dive

thanks guys

Find out where you'll be staying. As others have said, "Lost" Angeles is a very big place. You're in the Beach Crabs forum which is the Ventura-Oxnard area. You may be close to there but you could also be close to the Malibu area, the dive boats in the LA/Long Beach harbor area, diving in Orange County, etc.

Find out where you'll be staying. As others have said, "Lost" Angeles is a very big place. You're in the Beach Crabs forum which is the Ventura-Oxnard area. You may be close to there but you could also be close to the Malibu area, the dive boats in the LA/Long Beach harbor area, diving in Orange County, etc.

Hey Dr.Bill, how's it going? I just thought that I'd let you know that there are a few Beach Crabs here in the South Bay,not a lot of us, but we are growing.Take care!

From what I understand the Beach Crabs are growing. We are taking over all of the Southern California coast, including San Diego... :D

And I'm singlehandedly holding down Culver City! Soon it will fall under Beach Crab control.

That would be good Jason :D I hope its deacent out tonight!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom