Kudos to Doug Mudry at Extreme Exposure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaGypsy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I want to publicly offer my sincere appreciation to Doug Mudry of Extreme Exposure in High Springs, FL for his "above and beyond" repair of my drysuit. I was working in Florida last week and was able to drive north each evening after work to go cave diving. On Friday afternoon I dove Cow Spring in O'Brien and unfortunately ripped my suit right along my belly as I was "laying low" through the "not-my-fault" restriction as I tried to low to not in order not to bang my backmounted tanks but, though succesful with not hitting the tanks, I unfortunately was so low that I shredded through my DUI FLX Extreme right along my belly by making contact with a rock on the ground (this particular restriction is a gravel floor). Of course the suit flooded but I also thought that would be the end of my cave diving that week though I had rescheduled my return trip back to today in order to go on two additional cave dives yesterday. I brought my suit to Doug on late Friday and he offered to repair it with a clean interior patch. To accommodate my Saturday dives, Doug returned to EE after working all day and then diving and then returned to the shop for a couple of hours to do the repair such that my suit was available for pick-up at 0800 on Saturday.

I did two 60 minute dives at Little River Springs in O'Brien, FL on Saturday as scheduled without a leak to be found. Thank-you Doug for such efforts that are truly "above and beyond".

Doug is good people. He is often known to go well beyond the norm in helping people. He added a day to my GUE Fundies class without charge and wouldn't accept payment when offered.

That explains why he didn't answer my emails last summer. He's too busy doing kick arse work in the real world.

That explains why he didn't answer my emails last summer. He's too busy doing kick arse work in the real world.

I will fault him that, Chris....he doesn't respond to email well. But you are right, he doesn't spend much time online.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom