Kubi/UTD O ring problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Well, after singing Kubis praises the last few months, today I noticed an issue with the glove side sealing O rings. Dry season is over so was prepping stuff for storage over the summer. Upon close inspection I noticed the glove side sealing O ring on both gloves was starting to crack around the whole circumference of O ring, not a single crack but many small vertical cracks/splits/tears. Theses gloves have only been used around 25 times over a three month period. This seems like a very short life span. I am very careful to rinse the gloves after each dive and keep them out of the sun. I have emailed Kubi for their thoughts. I'm hoping it's just a bad batch of O rings. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If you own these gloves have a close look to see. I'll try and take a photo of them during daylight and post pics. Cheers.

I am sorry to hear that. I have never heard about anyone having the same problem that early. Half of divers in my country are having KUBI since it is the most reliable dry glove system and it is sold in many LDS here. Just FYI - O rings can be bought separately as well as other spare parts ? Spare parts and accesories - KUBI (www.kubi.sk)

I am sorry to hear that. I have never heard about anyone having the same problem that early. Half of divers in my country are having KUBI since it is the most reliable dry glove system and it is sold in many LDS here. Just FYI - O rings can be bought separately as well as other spare parts ? Spare parts and accesories - KUBI ([url]www.kubi.sk)[/URL]

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping I just got O rings from a bad batch. I'm still waiting to hear back from Kubi. I know I can get the O rings as a spare part but unfortunately the freight cost is a lot more than the cost of the O rings. On the website the O rings are 0.96€ but freight is 40€. If the O rings need to be replaced every 20 or so dives then there is something wrong with the quality of the O rings. Given the quality of the rest of the system I can only assume a bad batch. I'll contact DRIS, where I bought the gloves, and see what they say. I'd hate to have to change my previous highly recommended to a recommended but with caveat. I'll give update for those who may be interested. Thanks again.

---------- Post added June 18th, 2014 at 08:47 AM ----------

I'm in Japan, hence shipping cost. If I was local I'd just buy a handful of O rings and forget about it. Guess I also want to know what is expected life span of the O rings. I'm hoping it's significantly longer than 20 odd dives. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom