KPP On-going idle chit-chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd:
JP, should we tell anyone we are considering a Blackbeards trip or should we keep it a secret?:huh:

I guess since we've decided on Dec 1 to Dec 7, we'll put it out to anyone thats interested. As of this morning they have an empty boat for that week.

Anybody interested in a week of diving in the Bahamas? :wink:

jpsexton:
I guess since we've decided on Dec 1 to Dec 7, we'll put it out to anyone thats interested. As of this morning they have an empty boat for that week.

Anybody interested in a week of diving in the Bahamas? :wink:

I'm going to the Bahamas to go on Explorer Ventures in May, but did Blackbeard's last Sept. I just decided on Explorer Ventures because 1. there are fewer people (18 vs 22 max on a 100', 3 level boat vs a 65' sailboat), 2. Semi private cabins (2 vs 8 passengers/ cabin), 3. More dives (4-5/day vs 3-4/ day), 4. a regular dive buddy of mine has been on other EV boats before & recommended them & is going with me & 5. EV has Nitrox. EV is only about $100 more than Blackbeard's ($150 for a week of Nitrox, Blackbeard's is air only).

Don't get me wrong, I had a blast on Blackbeard's, I just thought EV was a better deal for the $. I do hope you enjoy it, I did & met some great people. If you'd like, I can PM or e-mail you a copy of a journal I kept while on the trip. The high light was the shark feeding dive. I have lots of pictures of it in my gallery, if you want to take a look. Hopefully you'll get to go on the Pirate's Lady. The air fill system on it is quick & AWSOME!

Land Locked:
Let's keep it a secret, sssshhhhh!
OK I won't tell anyone about the Blackbeard trip if you don't:D

My name is on the list with Blackbeards. First one for that week. I still have to make a deposit payment this week.

jbd:
I can see now that Wally's rescue class is going to be very, very, very "interesting" to say the least. :eyebrow: :eyebrow: The thought that came to mind was the music that was played in the movie Down Periscope, (Kelsey Grammer sp??) was the submarine skipper, when they made the XO of the sub walk the plank.:D :D

OOPSS!!! :D I think I might change my mind about the rescue class. First I find out that jbd dives an old Dacor BC, then Zeagle regs and NOW double AL80's. What is next a Halcyon back plate or a tank mounted pony? :D :D Dude you are going to kill yourself!

Thanks for the invite for Blackbeards but the GF and I are doing Albuquerque in late October. So two vacations in that short of time period are out. The LDS does Blackbeards every year and so far so good. I think last year they did one of the "upper class" boats.

I think Chris has the Dacor BC. I have no idea who actually made mine. I do have 3 sets of zeagle regs but the reg set I dive with is another I don't know who made it kind of thing. My original wetsuit was by Body Glove. After 11 years of faithful service it was finally done away with although parts of it have been used for repair work on other wetsuits I have. So it lives on to some degree. I still have and much prefer my original fins, which I was duly informed by a LDS would not last two seasons. They are now in their 13th season. Not bad for an off brand name of Beuchat. My back plate is from FredT and the bands are yet another one of those I have no idea who made them things. My wing came from ScubaToys but I couldn't tell you who made it.

I'm just a hodge podge, generic kind of guy:wink:

Hodge Podge is my kind of diving!!! They almost expelled me from the local
lds pool for having non-store brand products. Hey, it was purchased years
before that store ever opened!

If you like hodge podge, you ought to look around for a thread about hillbilly diving. It was back some years ago but it was fun as I recall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom