KPP M&G cookout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the diving was great on Saturday and Sunday. The "event" that happened on Sunday around lunchtime was not what I was expecting to have to do this weekend. Hopefully that will be the only one for the year. Those who were there on Sunday know what I am talking about! Great meeting everyone and hopefully I will see you at Pennyroyal on June 12-14 if you can make it.

Almost forgot, we need a fire extinguisher around so we can put out fires (and I am not talking about a campfire). Sorry, had to add that one.

--
Matt

It'll be interesting to see how Joe's is compared to Pennyroyal when you guys dive it. Did a dive at Pennyroyal last Sat. The temp. at the surface was about 65 degrees. At 25 ft it was about 60. The Vis was really weird. From the surface to about 10 ft. it was like diving through milk. Absolute zero vis. Below 10ft it opened up to about 15ft. I only got to do 1 dive. On the second dive, I called it at about 20 seconds as I quickly realized that I had failed to fully zip my drysuit up:shakehead:. It quickly became a wetsuit. After getting out, my buddy decided he needed to leave, so that was it for me.

Surface was ~72F with a thermocline around 13ft and another around 25ft. The temp on the bottom was ~54F. Viz varied based on where you were in Joe's, 0-25+ for viz.

Well the diving was great on Saturday and Sunday. The "event" that happened on Sunday around lunchtime was not what I was expecting to have to do this weekend. Hopefully that will be the only one for the year. Those who were there on Sunday know what I am talking about! Great meeting everyone and hopefully I will see you at Pennyroyal on June 12-14 if you can make it.

Almost forgot, we need a fire extinguisher around so we can put out fires (and I am not talking about a campfire). Sorry, had to add that one.

--
Matt

The event on Sunday could have been a lot worse. I was thinking that it was going to be at first.

We don't need a fire extinguisher just stay well hydrated and pee on it. BTW, I checked the bottom of the grill and there is a small hole. I think it was a grease fire.

At any rate, I for one had a good time. I would have liked to done a couple more dives but oh well. It was all about having fun and that I did.

Nice meeting those that I hadn't met before.

We had a great time Saturday! Sorry we didn't make it back Sunday but something came up I had to do.

It was good seeing old friends and making new ones! See you all in the weekends to come...

Glad you guys had fun. The lake was OK but probably would have had more fun if I had met up with you all.

Sounds like a job for the burn cream. :D Sorry I missed it.....

The event on Sunday could have been a lot worse. I was thinking that it was going to be at first.

We don't need a fire extinguisher just stay well hydrated and pee on it. BTW, I checked the bottom of the grill and there is a small hole. I think it was a grease fire.

At any rate, I for one had a good time. I would have liked to done a couple more dives but oh well. It was all about having fun and that I did.

Nice meeting those that I hadn't met before.

Had a good time seeing and diving with you guys & gals Saturday, glad winter is over and summer is here.. LandLock how is your Mom doing? missed you Saturday....
Kenny

7 days now in the hospital. She started going down hill after the surgery. She had a pace maker installed Sunday since they couldn't get her heart stabilized. We hope she will be home Wed.

I'll be coming home Sat and should be ready for some diving shortly after that.

Sounds like a job for the burn cream. :D Sorry I missed it.....

LOL...ya right. A good time was had by all and I for one missed you. It just wasn't the same without you.

Best wishes for Mom and you can ignore my email since I didn't see this post before now.

SO is anyone up for Pennyroyal on the 6-7 or 13-14 of June? I know New Horizon is going on the later. But I have a graduation party that I really should go to. I don't have to buuttt.

BTW, Jen doesn't dive. I even brought tanks for her and I ended up diving one. She DID bring same dam good beer..not as good as JP's though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom