Komodo National Park temporary closure and for deep pockets only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like I said at the start, $500 ain't gonna happen.
It's election season, politicians say all kinds of things during elections. Governor is playing to all those that are left out of the Komodo money train, and giving those at the head of the train an opportunity to support his re-election with contributions. Working both sides.

I still Love Komodo. I came initially for the mantas and reef scapes, I keep going back for these and the oustanding macro.
I've had plenty of great macro dives in the park and then if you count Sangegang and Bima in the mix I would put Komodo right along the macro of Lembeh and Anilao etc. But one thing I love about Komodo is the ability to mix sites with mantas, or sites with sharks and hunting trevally, or spectacular reefscapes, and then also be able to dive excellent macro sites.Then there was a rare occasion where I was shooting photos of a Rhinopia and there was a manta circling overhead. Love the Komodo mix.
People whine that it's too crowded now, sure during high season the closer to LBJ the more crowded it is. I can only dive Nov-Jan so I go then during the off peak season, its not so crowded then. Komodo is crowded for a reason, it's spectacular.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom