Komodo, from a different perspective.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you manouvre the plane do you have some sort of remote viewing device to see where its going? some of the flying seems incredibly close to the hilltops. Its awesome. Imagine if the plane can transform into a submarine you could go from the sky to underwater.. maybe checkout some ofvthe manta rolls!

hehehe... something like this?

The plane has a video transmitter so I see what the camera is recording with video goggles, on that video I could clearly see the reef underwater (I was standing on the boat on the left).

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to go back to Komodo.

The plane has a video transmitter so I see what the camera is recording with video goggles, on that video I could clearly see the reef underwater (I was standing on the boat on the left).

Haha awesome, near miss, what good vis underwater, crystal clear was that in komodo as well?

Haha awesome, near miss, what good vis underwater, crystal clear was that in komodo as well?

No, that's at Koh Tachai, in the Andaman Sea. The visibility there is usually very good, on that day at least 30 meters.

When it crashes in the water the boat is willing to send a Zodiac out to help you retrieve it?! Wow--talk about good service.

That is truly amazing technology. It IS a drone!

Tora tora tora! hahaha! I too am getting a lot of joy out of these videos! That was a great laugh to start my day! Post more! :0)

Here's the last aerial video from the trip to Komodo; more people than landscapes or animals this time, just to round up the good memories from the place.

[video=vimeo;55074740]https://vimeo.com/55074740[/video]

The first flight was to check up the tricopter, see if it was OK after going through a couple baggage handling operations. Also to tweak the flight stabilization controller, you will notice how it looks a bit wobbly.
I think half the kids from Labuan Bajo came out to see what was going on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom