Koh Phi Phi: Who to dive with and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dived with Viking Divers and they were good but I wouldn't dive with them again for personal reason I just didn't feel they cared. IMHO.

I know of others who have dived with phi phi divers, barracuda and mosquito divers. all received glowing reports although this was a while ago.

Hin deng (sp) is a great dive spot ( I swear we had 40 metre + viz) but a terrible trip if there is a swell. Also they don't dive it everyday. There is a good dive just off the point of Koh Phi Phi Leh that has heaps of Leopard sharks.

Most of the operators would have a website but prices are pretty much the same, its just how you get treated I personally I guess.

When are you going?? we are going back beginning of March next year.

I'm going to Thailand Nov 7-Dec13 (!!) and will be in Phi Phi at the beginning of Dec. Thanks for the advice!

I dove with Visa Dive Center for two weeks three years ago. They were a lot of fun. Good folks, good dives.

Dr. Bill

uniquecreature1:
Hi! I have 1 day to dive in Koh Phi Phi and am wondering who is a good operator and which dives to do. THanks!

Hiya,

I managed a dive store on phi phi for a while, it's fantastic. you have to dive bida nok and bida nai, two pinnacles behind phi phi ley!!! If you would like small groups, which is best for a dive I think, then you should go visit Longbeach divers on longbeach. Go and see Gary the english manager and tell him Claire sent you. They take small groups out by longtail, cool experience. there are many larger operations in the town which are good but I find it's too much of a 'get them in get them out' mentality with way too many people in the water and they only go at set times which isn't always good for current options. anyway, try Longbeach divers on Longbeach, 5 min by longtail boat from the main village. Enjoy!!!

I vote for Moskito. Excellent boats and professional staff. If you want to dive the Kingcruiser, you'll have to find another shop. Otherwise, I'd go with Moskito.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom