Kit - So what would/do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info and advice guys :wink:

You did say you are new to diving so with that said I'd have to agree with diver 85, if you are asking this question then I'd consentrate on just diving some more to get the experience. You need to crawl before you can run. It seems you are looking way too far ahead of where you really are at this point in time, if you were really ready for a DM course then you would not be asking this question.

First off, good decision to do the classes in pieces, rather than all at once! You'll enjoy your education more, and become a better, more rounded professional in the long run.

Your list is a good list of basic equipment. I wouldn't worry at this point about what the shop where you will work will want, because that's probably a good ways off. What you need is to buy good, reliable gear, which suits and fits you. This is almost certainly best done AFTER you have taken your OW class, and have had some experience with gear. In particular, using a BC that doesn't fit well teaches a lot of lessons about why and how one SHOULD fit . . . :)

To your list, and especially if you are going to dive at home, I would add buying the best quality, high intensity dive light you can afford. Diving in limited visibility is greatly enhanced by having good lights.

Yep, well I thought about it after reading you and others posts and decided doing it in stages and less rushed would be better.

Thanks for the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom