KISS Spirit LTE CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forgive the n00b question, but orientation (SM/BM) aside, why would an SCR be better than the fully flexible CCR for this unit?

Because there are lots of places in the world that are not rebreather friendly and you can't get a decent supply of O2, but nitrox might be readily available. I wouldn't want to run it CCR with a supply of only 32%. There is no way the CMF valve could keep up with my metabolic needs. Having the ability to switch back and forth between SCR and CCR configurations is paramount for me. The GEM mouthpiece is a real work of art in that regard.

Rob - I'm just spitballing here after seeing a video where Doug described the unit. But assuming the unit has an ADV and in light of what we've discussed in the past about the Sidekick, I was wondering if the LTE could be run SCR with the GEM mouthpiece and using just rich dil in the offboard tank, with the onboard O2 input plugged so there would be no leaky flow. It might be a real lightweight solution, although not as convenient as sidemounted.

Ken

You might be able to make the modifications to make that work. The LTE has the same ADV as the KISS Classic. The original Orca Spirit has a different ADV. The ADV on the LTE is a little more difficult to get it to inject but the GEM isn't much different. I may have to try that to see how it works. Great idea!

I'm waiting on mine....I can't wait to get in the water and dive it! Ready for training too, always fun to learn new stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom