KISS Spirit LTE CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Yes, it's mine!

spirit1.jpgspirit2.jpgspirit3.jpg

21lbs dry weight. Add a small cylinder and a display/computer and it's ready to dive. Nice, low profile and rib mounted counterlungs!

What's a "rib mounted" counterlung?

New poll needed.

Does Rob need more toys?

There's a Mrs. Rob who gets all the leftovers and hand-me-downs...I'm standing in line to be adopted for her left over and hand-me-downs. :D

All I can say is keep that darn thing away from me! I'll be eating ramen noodles for 6 months if you put that in my hands.

What's a "rib mounted" counterlung?

The counterlungs wrap around the ribs and are positioned right over the diver's lungs. Look closely at the pics and you'll see them wrapped around my ribs. You can be in pretty much any position without affecting the work of breathing!

---------- Post added November 10th, 2013 at 07:57 PM ----------

All I can say is keep that darn thing away from me! I'll be eating ramen noodles for 6 months if you put that in my hands.

You'll be seeing it next month...if not sooner... :wink:

So stock up on ramen...

Are the counter lungs mounted below the ribs on a cummerbund ? I don't see them clearly in the picture. It seems that they would be impacted by the bail out bottle. Also, what is the depth limitation of this ccr?

Counterlungs are mounted over the ribs. No cumberbund. What you see in the photos is the counterlung. They're sitting a little low in the photos because I hadn't adjusted the rig for me yet. I was just walking it out of the show. No interference from the bailout or dil bottles. The manual states 250'. I know it's been deeper.

Rob - I'm just spitballing here after seeing a video where Doug described the unit. But assuming the unit has an ADV and in light of what we've discussed in the past about the Sidekick, I was wondering if the LTE could be run SCR with the GEM mouthpiece and using just rich dil in the offboard tank, with the onboard O2 input plugged so there would be no leaky flow. It might be a real lightweight solution, although not as convenient as sidemounted.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom