Kingston Belly Dumper Line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepBound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The line from shore to the Kingston Belly Dumper is covered for most of its length with silt and zebra mussels. That makes it very hard to see if you swim any more than 5-10ft above it. And as you know, its difficult to do this as a recreational no-deco dive without staying well above the line.

Would whoever is responsible for placing and maintaining this line please clean it up. Perhaps if you used longer stakes that wouldn't happen. Right now it is a safety hazard. I don't have a scooter to buzz along and clean it myself, so I'd appreciate if those responsible for the line could maintain it with their scooters.

To clarify, I entered at the west side of the dock behind the Kingston Psych Hospital, as shown on the map, followed the pipe (shown in red) along the bottom to about 50ft, then at the stop sign followed the line (shown in yellow) to the wreck (black rectangle).

Also, you need to put in another line connecting the KBD to the KPH wreck. How are we supposed to find the other wreck and find our way back without a line?

Attachments

• kbd.JPG
    kbd.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 101
gitterdun:
Were you admitted?
ROFL
No, they keep saying that I'm just *pretending* to be insane to get on disability
:rofl3:

jjones9527:
If its a hazard don't do it. If you want a line put in, do it yourself.
What dive shop did you say you're with? NTD?
You're not very helpful :shakehead

What does the dive shop I frequent have to do with anything?

I helped put that line in a couple years ago. Sorry it doesn't meet your needs. If you can do better feel free to purchase your own line, and spend your own time to put one in. This is the reason all the new lines are bein kept to ourselves.

I concur. No good deed goes unpunished it seems. I'll save my work for those that appreciate it and make contributions of their own.

Sounds like a very good project for ya Neil, go for it.

Last time my buddy and I were there, mid April, we had no problem following the line.

DeepBound:
The line from shore to the Kingston Belly Dumper is covered for most of its length with silt and zebra mussels. That makes it very hard to see if you swim any more than 5-10ft above it. And as you know, its difficult to do this as a recreational no-deco dive without staying well above the line.

Would whoever is responsible for placing and maintaining this line please clean it up. Perhaps if you used longer stakes that wouldn't happen. Right now it is a safety hazard. I don't have a scooter to buzz along and clean it myself, so I'd appreciate if those responsible for the line could maintain it with their scooters.

To clarify, I entered at the west side of the dock behind the Kingston Psych Hospital, as shown on the map, followed the pipe (shown in red) along the bottom to about 50ft, then at the stop sign followed the line (shown in yellow) to the wreck (black rectangle).

Also, you need to put in another line connecting the KBD to the KPH wreck. How are we supposed to find the other wreck and find our way back without a line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom