Kinda of battery question about my Uwatec SmartCom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had my low-end scubapro xtender for over five years and its still ticking after 205 dives or 204 hours underwater. it doesnt seem to have a battery life indicator so i really dont know when its time to change the battery.

So there theoretical and and real world evidence. And they are not meeting up. All I know I am paying $10 a day for rental dive computer (in metric by way and I've never used Bar in my life) that truly bites because of some some battery mistake by Scubapro. This truly sucks.

agree , my Uwatec ALadan died this weekend, and just last month dives battery said 68%.... agree over 3 years no matter what it says it will die. Unfortunately from what I know there is no one in Phiippines to change the battery. It must be sent to scubapro in Hong Kong and takes about 2-3 weeks

correction, Its going on 5 months now and still NOT back from Scubapro Hong kong.

dives last month battery said 68%, first dive yesterday ERR. and I agree that since my Aladin is already 12 years old this will be the 4th battery, so the 3 years life seems to be valid

Mine died at 67% and I got the same ERR message. Kind of bites when you think the battery condition is good and you're 6,000 miles from home on a dive vacation but the computer won't power up. Scubapro really needs to fix this issue rather than say, oh yeah, the battery needs to be replaced after the fact.

thats the sad part with dealing with Scubapro. seems their strategy is to get you to buy another unit rather than providing a decent repair service.

Back
Top Bottom