Kihei (Maui) shore dives - help with dive flag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I totally agree -- not only is some sort of awareness program a good idea, but enforcing a licensing system would also not hurt.

Canada, for instance, has a national recreational boater testing system. It falls short on a few things (e.g. the exam is not comprehensive -- there's no mention of dive flags, or anything beyond basic safety and rules-of-the-road questions. It's also a lifetime license.

I was nearly run over by a canoe full of paddlers wearing red and white santa claus hats while free diving. It pays to be ocean aware, always.

so can we get a show of raised hands of people that are wlling to step foreward. now what i oops (I) am about to say will undoubtedly not everyone will be able to help all the time so consider what you will be able to do before you say I can do that.there will be plenty to do. in other words lace up your boots grab your lunch and a flash light cause its a long fight.

the first step is dive flag awareness. in order to address a problem you need to prove there is a problem. we need "VISUAL PROOF" for kewalo basin that should be easy, but we would like to prrove this is a problem state wide. so camrs need to be at the ready to capture these violations it should take no more than a week to compile enough proof to go to the media. now dont be surprised if local media choose not to help at first.they may be unwilling to bite the hand that feeds them. but national media love stories like this. at first.people will ask why are we dong this and the answer is short and to the point.
1.there is a clear present danger everyday. we are not going to wait for someone to be hurt before we fix the problem. prevention .

so enough said anyone who is willing to step up sign in here and pm me your contact info be sure to state which Island you are on and any resources you may have that might help. remember a resource can be anything from access to printers, data or a contact. also we will need a name post idea on that when you sign in.

basically we are done talking about the problem , its put up or shut up for us. im in (sorry i hate shift key..lol) process of working on the writ, no im not a lawyer, but i do have mad skills in that area. thats anothe story.

PLEAS DO NOT POST ANY MORE PICS OF VIOLATIONS HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. SIMPLY PM ME AND WE CAN DEAL WITH THAT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom